And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Mandy Moore?  No, she's wee.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Taken Part Deux.

"Go!  Faster!  Keep going!  Go now!  Keep going!"

That's brilliant script writing.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2013, 01:20:50 AM
Taken Part Deux.

"Go!  Faster!  Keep going!  Go now!  Keep going!"

That's brilliant script writing.
Yeah, #1 was a sleeper hit, so they tried to do a 2nd one, but it was a dumb idea to begin with, and they didn't help it with the script.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Manhunter. Still my favourite Lecter film.
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Brian Cox is a lot creepier than Anthony Hopkins, but it's not in the same league as Silence; Clarice is a much more interesting character, Foster a better actress, Ted Levine's performance is one of the creepiest in movie history.  It's also a lot more convincing than any other serial killer performance in the Lecter movies.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Silence is one of my favorite movies of all time.  The Goodbye, Horses sequence-including the Precious steadycam shot-is one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever.  It's fucking perfect.  :wub:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Queequeg on December 29, 2013, 04:42:17 PM
Brian Cox is a lot creepier than Anthony Hopkins, but it's not in the same league as Silence; Clarice is a much more interesting character, Foster a better actress, Todd Levine's performance is one of the creepiest in movie history.  It's also a lot more convincing than any other serial killer performance in the Lecter movies.
I prefer Cox to Hopkins (especially after Hannibal) but I love the way Manhunter's shot and its whole atmosphere. It's wonderful slightly scuzzy 80s noir.

Also, a little controversially, I prefer Will Graham to Clarice.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Who the fuck is Todd Levine?

It is Ted Levine a damn fine actor. Get his name right.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Never realized he was the captain in Monk :face:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

It's not like I followed the show regularly, more of something to watch in hotel rooms or bored late nights.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

The chick in Monk fries my brain.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 29, 2013, 06:08:57 PM
The chick in Monk fries my brain.

Which one, Sharona or Natalie?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Uh, the one without the vestigal Brooklyn accent.  The more librarian looking one.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point