TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on December 14, 2013, 03:08:11 PM
I didn't know vipes was part of the ADD set. :D

He's got a point.  Whenever I read I book I don't stop and think, "Gee, I think this needs some songs about elves int it".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

I own The Hurt Locker but have never seen it. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

:D

I've seen Eyes Wide Shut at least three times, probably four times, and maybe five.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I have seen Killer Klowns from Outer Space a thousand times.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Well, that's approximately the same number of hours.
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on December 14, 2013, 03:08:11 PM
I didn't know vipes was part of the ADD set. :D
I'm not.  I just don't think these books are the greatest books ever written and they should be cannon to everything you do thereafter.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on December 14, 2013, 11:16:10 AM
What or who are they fighting anyways? This trailer left me confused, and not in a good way. Why does Tom Cruise do video game trailers now?
Seemed obvious to me it was aliens.

Synopsis
QuoteLt. Col. Bill Cage (Tom Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously dropped into what amounts to little more than a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage now finds himself inexplicably thrown into a time loop—forcing him to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again...and again.

But with each battle, Cage becomes able to engage the adversaries with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Emily Blunt). And, as Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated encounter gets them one step closer to defeating the enemy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 14, 2013, 08:11:32 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 14, 2013, 11:16:10 AM
What or who are they fighting anyways? This trailer left me confused, and not in a good way. Why does Tom Cruise do video game trailers now?
Seemed obvious to me it was aliens.

If I had a nickel for every time it seemed obvious to you it was aliens...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Syt

I'm three episodes into season 2 of Breaking Bad. Liking it a lot. The worried, meddlesome family is something that hits close to home for me. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Just watched Jack the Giant Slayer.  It's exactly what you expect it to be.  Surely they could have found a slightly more fetching princess.

Didn't realize the British dude in Deadwood, who plays the king, is a pygmy.

Neil

When I went to see the Hobbit, I saw a preview for Interstellar.  That movie makes me feel good, even though it reminds me that a combination of right-wing greed and left-wing stupidity have forever closed the stars to us.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on December 15, 2013, 11:37:31 AM
When I went to see the Hobbit, I saw a preview for Interstellar.  That movie makes me feel good, even though it reminds me that a combination of right-wing greed and left-wing stupidity have forever closed the stars to us.

Does Bane trash a stock exchange in it?  If not, not interested.

And what's this "we" shit?  The only thing I ever saw up there with a maple leaf on it was a robotic arm on the shuttle, and I'm pretty sure that was just product placement.