News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on November 16, 2013, 09:10:17 PM
Sure, it's still better than The Hunger Games, but only because it didn't cause me physical pain,
Did you ever get around to reviewing this?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: katmai on November 14, 2013, 12:06:27 AM
:x that and Scandal.

Okay, take that shit back. Scandal, which I hadn't realized was by Shonda Rhimes, is like Grey's Anatomy with "lawyers." :x

Do love Guillermo Diaz though.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 17, 2013, 01:54:40 AM
Sure, it's still better than The Hunger Games, but only because it didn't cause me physical pain,

The Hunger Games?  Like back in April iirc.  I want to edit it together with a look at John Carter prior to the new, almost-certainly-better Catching Fire.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Which means I should probably start my First Great Depression-era utopian sci-fi piece, insofar as it turns out practically none of the period films with similar or allied themes (totalitarianism, technocracy) are available other than Just Imagine, which no one should be surprised is a deeply trifling affair with no serious social, political, or economic content (which doesn't keep Metropolis out, but, you know).

Also hoping to do 12 Years a Slave and possibly The Counselor tomorrow.

Odds are I will get half of one of those things done.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on November 17, 2013, 02:39:15 AM

The Hunger Games?  Like back in April iirc.  I want to edit it together with a look at John Carter prior to the new, almost-certainly-better Catching Fire.
Link? Your blog only goes back to June.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Ide felt gypped by the title, as none of the characters were actually starving.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

They were eating Hunger Games Subway Sandwiches. Eat Fresh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Found Hercule Poirot's Curtains online. Looking forward to it, though I know who did it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 17, 2013, 03:52:47 AM

Link? Your blog only goes back to June.

I poisted it here.  I'll put a link to the whole version when I'm done. :)

:lol: Breaking Bad alternate ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9kZivVxB3vU
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Ide poists a lot of movie ratings on us.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

You forgot to put it on your website.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Savonarola

Quote from: Ideologue on November 17, 2013, 12:54:38 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 16, 2013, 08:01:34 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 16, 2013, 12:44:33 PM
Also, Jean Renoir's wife was hot.  She's long dead now, of course.

I think the 1920s would have been your era for starlets.

Is this a malnutrition joke? :(

I think I've missed a Languish inside joke.  :unsure:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 17, 2013, 11:51:31 AM
Ide poists a lot of movie ratings on us.
:lol:

Quote from: NeilYou forgot to put it on your website.

Haven't forgotten.  Just haven't done it.  Definitely shall.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Savonarola on November 17, 2013, 12:25:26 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 17, 2013, 12:54:38 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 16, 2013, 08:01:34 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 16, 2013, 12:44:33 PM
Also, Jean Renoir's wife was hot.  She's long dead now, of course.

I think the 1920s would have been your era for starlets.

Is this a malnutrition joke? :(

I think I've missed a Languish inside joke.  :unsure:

I am often unfairly accused of being pro-anorexia, fining concentration camp inmates attractive, and the like.
Kinemalogue