News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

28 Weeks Later. It's easy to make a terrifying film when you can borrow the world's most frightening zombies from the original. It handles its own with a chilling plot, though.

Grade: Also scary as fuck
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

US military gets to whack Brits.  What's not to like?

garbon

Quote from: Liep on November 14, 2013, 07:46:33 PM
28 Weeks Later. It's easy to make a terrifying film when you can borrow the world's most frightening zombies from the original. It handles its own with a chilling plot, though.

Is it though? I was rooting for the kids to die.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2013, 07:53:19 PM

I mean, yeah, [spoiler]they were partially responsible for the death of 15000 people. But Robert Carlyle was scary even if you wanted his targets dead.[/spoiler]
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

hell on wheels gets renewed for another season. Surpise. AMC's other show.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

QuoteSons of Anarchy.

It has a Ron Perlman in it. WATCH IT.
I could never get into that one. Or The Wire.

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 14, 2013, 01:28:01 AM
Do you mean airing new episodes right now, or just still running? Because the latter case opens up a lot more good stuff. Game of Thrones, Justified, Mad Men, The Americans, Hell on Wheels, Low Winter Sun, Suits, Hannibal...

Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire are definitely the cream of the current season's crop. I also enjoy Modern Family and American Horror Story: Coven. Parks and Rec is ok, though it's seen better days, as has How I Met Your Mother. The rest of the shows I watch are new ones that haven't quite managed to drive me away yet, wouldn't *recommend* any of them at this point.
Still running is OK too. Yeah, Mad Men and GoT would also be on there.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Liep on November 14, 2013, 07:56:49 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2013, 07:53:19 PM

I mean, yeah, [spoiler]they were partially responsible for the death of 15000 people. But Robert Carlyle was scary even if you wanted his targets dead.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]And spreading the infection outside of the UK[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2013, 08:07:22 PM

[spoiler]And spreading the infection outside of the UK[/spoiler]

[spoiler]That was the American's idea. :P[/spoiler]

11B4V

is that the continuation of 28 Days later?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Liep

Quote from: 11B4V on November 14, 2013, 08:36:00 PM

Not exactly a continuation, but they pick up 28 weeks later in the same world. Different cast, director and writer.

Admiral Yi

Yeah.  Personally i thought it started off pretty well then stalled half way through.

11B4V

Quote from: Liep on November 14, 2013, 08:39:11 PM

Not exactly a continuation, but they pick up 28 weeks later in the same world. Different cast, director and writer.

I'll have to catch 28 weeks, thanks.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on November 14, 2013, 08:40:17 PM
I'll have to catch 28 weeks, thanks.

You'll dig it.  It stars the United States Army, going full-auto on Brit civilians.   Just for that, I give it an A+.

Ideologue

So it's better than The French Connection?  God, what is the matter with you?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2013, 08:39:58 PM

Yeah.  Personally i thought it started off pretty well then stalled half way through.

Yeah I could agree with that.