News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I can't wait for all the pencilnecks to freak out over all the bad science in Gravity
The trailers alone should be popping their blood vessels in a collective aneurysm not seen since the historitards had conniption fits over the lack of proper armor in 300.

Ideologue

What's so wrong about the science in the Gravity trailer? :unsure:

I think there might have been some sound issues, but that's not a big deal.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Doing EVAs with their helmet shields up, and their faces wouldn't last very long. 

Ideologue

Ooh, good call.  Didn't even think about that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2013, 09:16:24 PM
Blacklist

James Spader plays a criminal that has long been on the run but turns himself in saying that he'll help the FBI (or whatever agency they were) catch various criminals if he gets to work with an agent who just started (and is in fact late to her first day). Had some nice twists on whether or not Spader's character was really helping out or just using the agency to his own ends.  That said, I don't think I care for shows with one character who is the mastermind pulling the puppet strings of everyone else, so I think I'll get tired of it. [spoiler]Also I'm really hoping that it doesn't turn out that Spader is the young agent's dad.[/spoiler]

I really enjoyed it if for no other reason than it wasnt another CSI/Law and Order clone.  I enjoyed the plot twists and thought it was well written.  It has a lot of potential. [spoiler]I dont think he is her father.  She knows who her father is since he is the one who gave her the scar.  The most interesting part of the character development is why he has such an interest in her.  I agree that if it as simple has him being her father that would be terrible.  In part because that would contradict what we already know about the characters.[/spoiler]

Kleves

Agents of SHIELD. Meh. Coulson (who's like a robot now?) is willing to risk the lives of hundreds of people to avoid making a difficult decision. That kind of stupid is usually a dealbreaker for me.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

MadBurgerMaker

Finally getting caught up on Ray Donovan. 

[spoiler]"I loved you!"
*POP*[/spoiler]

Yep.  Still like this one.

Viking

Quote from: Kleves on September 24, 2013, 11:31:47 PM
Agents of SHIELD. Meh. Coulson (who's like a robot now?) is willing to risk the lives of hundreds of people to avoid making a difficult decision. That kind of stupid is usually a dealbreaker for me.

Agreed, it was mediocre. Clark Gregg's Coulson was the shows only true redeeming feature so far. But still, TV writing and TV morality.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

What was the difficult decision?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

With network TV I'll wait and see what the buzz is after about 8 shows before digging in. I've had shows cancelled from under my feet far too often.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

I usually wait about four years.
Kinemalogue

Josquius

Yeah, only if it sounds so particularly awesome I can't resist will I watch a show still in its first series. Darn cancellations.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 25, 2013, 05:56:34 AM
What was the difficult decision?

Option A - let bomb go off killing hundreds
Option B - shoot a "bad guy"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

lustindarkness

Another thread just reminded me of a french zombie movie I watched once, Le Horde. I recommend it.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 24, 2013, 11:22:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 24, 2013, 09:16:24 PM
Blacklist

James Spader plays a criminal that has long been on the run but turns himself in saying that he'll help the FBI (or whatever agency they were) catch various criminals if he gets to work with an agent who just started (and is in fact late to her first day). Had some nice twists on whether or not Spader's character was really helping out or just using the agency to his own ends.  That said, I don't think I care for shows with one character who is the mastermind pulling the puppet strings of everyone else, so I think I'll get tired of it. [spoiler]Also I'm really hoping that it doesn't turn out that Spader is the young agent's dad.[/spoiler]

I really enjoyed it if for no other reason than it wasnt another CSI/Law and Order clone.  I enjoyed the plot twists and thought it was well written.  It has a lot of potential. [spoiler]I dont think he is her father.  She knows who her father is since he is the one who gave her the scar.  The most interesting part of the character development is why he has such an interest in her.  I agree that if it as simple has him being her father that would be terrible.  In part because that would contradict what we already know about the characters.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I don't know, I didn't have a great sense that she knew exactly what her father looked like as it wasn't so clear when she got that wound.[/spoiler] I think you might be overly generous on the non-clone status apart from the twist that there is a criminal helping them all the time (rather than here and there in most shows). Generic agents still seemed foolish / it was odd that the new girl was one of the brightest of the bunch.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.