And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on August 31, 2013, 02:17:07 AM
Why would one ever leave Sweden?

Why do people have sex? Love, money, boredom...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2013, 10:00:35 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2013, 09:56:01 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2013, 09:52:03 PM
Oh, a ST observation I forgot:

Why not.  We've got plenty here on Earth.
Like what?
Generally when you've a big empty area it's part of a province that does have some people. I can't think of any examples in countries I know about that are actually empty.

Though to think about it... the area did look like it had an abandoned city and the klingon moon seemed to have blown up (what happened there? I'm not so up on my ST lore) so maybe province is a historical designation.

The klingon moon Praxis blew up at the start of Star Trek VI, which was what led to Klingon-Federation rapprochement.  However in this alternate timeline of the reboot, I wouldn't have thought that had happened yet.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Kleves

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2013, 09:26:21 PM
Never understood the Ariel love.  Must be a redhead thing.
Why couldn't she be the other kind of mermaid, with the fish part on top and the lady part on bottom?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Syt

I like Mulan and Belle best, but Esmeralda has the best song dedicated to her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS3weMlxLA
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I mean, how many Disney songs are there that boil down to, "I'm gonna fuck her, or I'm gonna kill her"?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on August 31, 2013, 10:41:49 AM
I mean, how many Disney songs are there that boil down to, "I'm gonna fuck her, or I'm gonna kill her"?

Including Hannah Montana songs?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

That's Germany's future, you know.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 31, 2013, 11:38:19 AM
That's Germany's future, you know.

We've already gone from this:

to this:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Ideologue

I don't understand how you can be a leftist and a pacifist.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Really? Its by opposition to the warmongering the US right does. Let's cut spending everywhere but not the military no not that...
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on August 31, 2013, 12:10:14 PM
Surely you're not that stupid, are you?  Leftism coupled with pacifism are the politics of immaturity.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Yeah it's pretty obvious how you can be a pacifist if you're a moran.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on August 31, 2013, 12:42:07 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 31, 2013, 12:10:14 PM
Surely you're not that stupid, are you?  Leftism coupled with pacifism are the politics of immaturity.

That's what I was saying.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Meh, I'm a lefty that doesn't believe in pacifism.  Does that make me Stalin or Mao?