TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on August 21, 2013, 08:06:25 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2013, 09:34:18 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 20, 2013, 09:29:57 PM
I don't even know what a Popple is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popples (though you'll need to go to google images for pics)

I had one that turned into a basketball.

I had the same!  :w00t: My brother had the one who turned into a football.

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Caught the first couple episodes of Orange is the New Black. Chick prison show on NetFlix. It's alright. Definitely worth checking out if only to see Laura Prepon naked. (Happens in the first minute or two  :D)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Wait, what?

ACTIVATE THE SEARCH ENGINES.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 21, 2013, 10:02:17 AM
Caught the first couple episodes of Orange is the New Black. Chick prison show on NetFlix. It's alright. Definitely worth checking out if only to see Laura Prepon naked. (Happens in the first minute or two  :D)

Oh yeah, I'm digging that show.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 05:44:19 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 20, 2013, 11:33:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2013, 09:24:10 PM
:mad:

There's one thing to improve on a product, like Nolan's Batman over Burton's cartoonish shitfest bullshit, and then there's taking a product like Speed Racer, and remodeling it for the animetard Assburger generation.
:huh:

The first fucking sentence of the wikipedia article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Racer
QuoteSpeed Racer, also known as Mach Go Go Go (マッハGoGoGo Mahha Gō Gō Gō?), is a Japanese anime/manga franchise about automobile racing.
You got a problem, you limping fuck?  You really want to fuck with me today?
You do seem to be pretty vulnerable right now, what with you losing your shit about an anime show.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 21, 2013, 11:10:52 AM
You do seem to be pretty vulnerable right now, what with you losing your shit about an anime show.

The movie sucked ass balls, and was produced specifically for today's attention-deficit Assburgertards like Timmay in mind, who can only maintain their concentration for 90 minutes with an absurd overdose of frenetic and epileptic CGI.

Mew, Squee, et cetera.

Admiral Yi

:lol: In contrast to the leisurely plot development and serene tableaux of the Sunday morning cartoon.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 11:19:25 AM

The movie sucked ass balls, and was produced specifically for today's attention-deficit Assburgertards like Timmay in mind, who can only maintain their concentration for 90 minutes with an absurd overdose of frenetic and epileptic CGI.

Mew, Squee, et cetera.

The movie is 135 minutes long.  You're not wrong that it feels like a quick sit. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2013, 11:32:34 AM
:lol: In contrast to the leisurely plot development and serene tableaux of the Sunday morning cartoon.

Things were different in 1973 :ultra:

Neil

Mew, Squee, et cetera.
I think it was made with kids younger than Tim in mind.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Scipio

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 20, 2013, 08:57:18 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 20, 2013, 08:43:56 PM

Stray Dog (1949).  The world's worst cop (Toshiro Mifune) loses his gun to a pickpocket, so Takashi Shimura takes him on a training day through the mean streets of Japanese City Whose Name I Didn't Catch, Probably Tokyo.  Pretty okay, I guess, but more than a little flat due to no one important dying.  Imagine the second half of High and Low, then, but with a really inept detective.  C+

Haven't seen the movie, but it's probably Osaka or Kobe given Japanese stereotypes.
According to Donald Richie, it's all of downtown Tokyo.  P. 58, The Films of Akira Kurosawa, 3d ed., U Cal Press (1998).
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

jimmy olsen

Mew, Squee, et cetera.
I love three hour movies, the longer the better, just like Peter Jackson's classic KING KONG  :cool:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Where is my bag of oranges?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Why bother.  Simple Jack wouldn't feel it anyway.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2013, 11:44:46 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2013, 11:32:34 AM

Things were different in 1973 :ultra:

Favorite episode, "The Fastest Car on Earth". Ide you should watch it.

you 'member dont you.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".