Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 18, 2013, 09:13:00 PM
And Lydia, [spoiler]you are one magnificent cunt.[/spoiler]  :lol:

That scene made me LOL.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Just watched the eighth episode of the current Dexter season. I think they utterly botched it. The last season set up a reasonably good context for a great series finale, but this show has completely lost it.

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on August 19, 2013, 03:40:59 PM
Just watched the eighth episode of the current Dexter season. I think they utterly botched it. The last season set up a reasonably good context for a great series finale, but this show has completely lost it.

You're not the only one thinking that.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/are-we-there-yet,101317/

The season's been going downhill since the Trinity killer, really. But yes, right from ep.1 this season is declined drastically. I'm only watching now for my perverse sense of completion. It is bad.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 19, 2013, 12:55:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 18, 2013, 09:13:00 PM
And Lydia, [spoiler]you are one magnificent cunt.[/spoiler]  :lol:

That scene made me LOL.
[spoiler]
It just makes you realize that when she finally gets hers, she's really going to get it.  Mike should've whacked her goofy ass when he had the chance.
And now she's in bed with Todd's uncle, the king of white supremacist prison gangs?  Oh yeah, this'll end pretty.[/spoiler]

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5zRN6rU7eU

Turns out Youtube actually does have the Pee Wee scene.

Is there nothing Youtube can't do?

I didn't know until I had seen the movie that Pee Wee was a southerner.

CountDeMoney

Did Rex Barney's character--he was a pitcher--have any scenes in 42?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2013, 06:10:25 PM
Did Rex Barney's character--he was a pitcher--have any scenes in 42?

If he did, I don't recall the name being mentioned.

There was one redneck pitcher that featured prominently in the anti-Jacky faction.  Got traded to Pittsburgh.

The chin music he was throwing at Jacky in preseason were really well done from an effects POV.

CountDeMoney

OK, wasn't Rex then.  Lifelong Dodger, and all-around nice guy.  Used to be the PA announcer for the Orioles for decades, has his no-hitter ball against the Giants in Cooperstown.

Berkut

Quote from: viper37 on March 06, 2013, 02:42:05 PM
Pitch Perfect

Boring teenage comedy about guys&girls singing boring songs.  Totally predictable from the beginning, with elements borrowed from Dodgeball.  My choice was between this and the thing with the black dude helping the white handicapped man.  I'm still not sure if I picked the least bad of the two.

Wow, I am sure glad I am not so jaded that I cannot enjoy a rather fun movie about a bunch of college kids making music with their mouths.

Predictable? Of course it is. It isn't meant to be unpredicatable. And I knew the Titanic was going to sink, I knew that we would win D-Day, and I knew that Appollo 13 really would not end with them all dead. So what?

I thought it was an very fun movie. I am very glad my daughter begged me to watch it with her.

The stars were gorgeous, and they even had a few cast members who were rather average, which was kind of cool. Rebel Wilson was outstanding.

It isn't going to win any nominations for  Best Picture, but it was a lot of fun.

And I thought the music was pretty much outstanding.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Holy crap, was the movie really that old? I thought it was semi-recent. Shows how out of touch I am.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Darth Wagtaros

Saw Kick-Ass 2.  Was decent.

Is it common for theaters to show 25 minutes of commercials before the movie starts? 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Emphatically yes.  BUY COKE.  BUY COKE.  BUY COKE.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on August 20, 2013, 01:54:12 AM
I thought it was an very fun movie. I am very glad my daughter begged me to watch it with her.

The stars were gorgeous, and they even had a few cast members who were rather average, which was kind of cool. Rebel Wilson was outstanding.

I thought it was a cute little movie, too.  It's normally not my fare, but it came on while I was playing WoT so I left it on.  I have an Anna Kendrick thing anyway, so that didn't hurt either.

My niece wants to see it, but I think it's still a bit risque for a 9 year old.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 20, 2013, 06:51:15 AM
Is it common for theaters to show 25 minutes of commercials before the movie starts?

If I miss any previews, I get pissy.