News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

DS9, starting with the last episode of season 2.

An obvious choice, but there's a reason why.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Saw a little bit of a French movie, and it turns out that the chick from The English Patient, the blonde English one, speaks perfect unaccented French.  Whodathunkit.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 18, 2013, 03:34:06 AM
Saw a little bit of a French movie, and it turns out that the chick from The English Patient, the blonde English one, speaks perfect unaccented French.  Whodathunkit.
Juliette Binoche?
With the name...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

He's talking about Scott Thomas, and he's only surprised because he hasn't seen enough of her movies.

Josquius

Toxic avenger- first I've actually seen it. It has been on my kindle for ages. I used to quit  like the cartoon version
Impeaching the film I'm confused there was  a cartoon version. And why is this small town so full of criminals and hot women? Hmm.... kind of enjoyable.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 18, 2013, 01:02:39 PM
He's talking about Scott Thomas, and he's only surprised because he hasn't seen enough of her movies.
Yep. Which is criminal because she's wonderful.
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 18, 2013, 01:02:39 PM
Random Hearts sucks, and you're weird for thinking otherwise.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

She's done French films before, Hearts Hater.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 18, 2013, 02:35:40 PM
Yep. Which is criminal because she's wonderful.

Do you know what the skinny is on her?  There's no way you learn to speak French like that in a classroom.

katmai

She has lived in France the last 34 years.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Started watching The Bridge. Like it so far.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 18, 2013, 03:28:00 PM
Do you know what the skinny is on her?  There's no way you learn to speak French like that in a classroom.
She's moneyed, upper middle class English. Learned French at private school and annual holidays. Was an au pair in Paris before studying and as katmai says she's lived in France for years. I think she even married a Frenchman and started her career in France.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

42, Jackie Robinson story.

A lot of filler, a lot of slow mo base running to fill it out to feature film length.

My recommendation is to just Youtube the Pee Wee Reese scene and skip the rest.  That was a very moving scene.

CountDeMoney

You know, everybody bitches about Skyler, but goddammit, I have grown increasingly weary and irritated over[spoiler] Jesse's constant moral falterings, failings and fruitcake wigouts over the course of the series.  Whaaa, my junkie girlfriend I got to relapse on her recovery drowns on her own vomit.  Whaaa, my girlfriend's kid which isn't even mine winds up in the hospital.  Whaaa, a potential witness kid gets whacked.  What a useless emo piece of shit.[/spoiler]

And Lydia, [spoiler]you are one magnificent cunt.[/spoiler]  :lol:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 18, 2013, 09:02:34 PM
42, Jackie Robinson story.

A lot of filler, a lot of slow mo base running to fill it out to feature film length.

My recommendation is to just Youtube the Pee Wee Reese scene and skip the rest.  That was a very moving scene.

Yeah, it seemed the whole movie was the set up for that scene.  Watch that scene and you got the movie.