News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Farscape is a good one.

I assume she's familiar with Star Wars and Star Trek?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

MIM, does your wife need vision correction? :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 17, 2013, 05:14:53 AM
If I put it on, she will watch.

Go online, buy:
One (1) Yeoman Janice Rand uniform
One (1) Klingon Warrior uniform

And show her what the Empire does to Federation prisoners while you play Deep Rape 9.

Neil

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 16, 2013, 04:46:18 PM
So, Duck Dynasty season premiere breaks ratings records for a reality show. I like this show, it is one of the the only reality shows I watch. But I had no idea it was so popular. I find this interesting.
It's possible that dangerous rednecks are a better audience these days than the saturated middle-aged woman market.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Is it just me, or is MIM's wife cool?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Very cool, but doesn't get spanked enough the way she likes it.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 17, 2013, 10:35:20 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 17, 2013, 05:14:53 AM
If I put it on, she will watch.

Go online, buy:
One (1) Yeoman Janice Rand uniform
One (1) Klingon Warrior uniform

And show her what the Empire does to Federation prisoners while you play Deep Rape 9.

I would think that was hot, but I saw enough Klingons at Gen Con.  :yuk:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

I enjoyed Space: Above and Beyond.  I'd suggest Babylon 5 as well, though I'll leave it to others to write a compelling case, beyond simply being an amazing show.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

Space 1999 with the cool intro.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Don't mention Space:1999;  that will summons an angry intergalactic grumbler who will bitch about how gothic themes don't belong in space, because that never happens.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 17, 2013, 02:27:51 PM
Don't mention Space:1999;  that will summons an angry intergalactic grumbler who will bitch about how gothic themes don't belong in space, because that never happens.

:lol: That's why it's Sci-Fi
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 17, 2013, 02:11:47 PM
I enjoyed Space: Above and Beyond.  I'd suggest Babylon 5 as well, though I'll leave it to others to write a compelling case, beyond simply being an amazing show.
Space Above and Beyond was good.  The Colonel was cool.

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on August 17, 2013, 03:26:51 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 17, 2013, 02:11:47 PM
Space Above and Beyond was good.  The Colonel was cool.

+1

Babs 5 sucked and Boxleitner is a sucky actor
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

Afer seeing a couple eps of Lexx I think it's pretty unique. I'm not sure i think it's all that great but it's definitely different than the usual stuff. Insect overlords and all that. I don't know how that guy keeps his beehive hairdo steady.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers