And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2013, 05:53:53 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 15, 2013, 05:44:57 PM
6?  Jesus Christ, that's not age, that's just slave hours.  WTF?  I go to work (well, when I go to work <_< ) at 9-10.  Wake up 9-9:45.

I take it you've never had a dog or a baby then...

Let alone a real job.

Darth Wagtaros

Or a cat. Cosmic Creepers likes to be petted and walked to the food bowl at dawn.

I'd prefer to get work over with earlier rather than later. I'll miss my 7:30 -4 schedule when classes restart in a few weeks. 
PDH!

Ideologue

I've got three cats.  They march to my offbeat circadian rhythm.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Perfect working hours for me would be 11-7.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2013, 06:32:46 PM
Perfect working hours for me would be 11-7.

I'd go for 11-11:30.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 15, 2013, 05:54:41 PM
Quote from: Viking on August 15, 2013, 05:53:53 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 15, 2013, 05:44:57 PM
6?  Jesus Christ, that's not age, that's just slave hours.  WTF?  I go to work (well, when I go to work <_< ) at 9-10.  Wake up 9-9:45.

I take it you've never had a dog or a baby then...

Let alone a real job.

On days that I go in, it is customary to be in by 9:30.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2013, 06:58:54 PM

Royalty always gets its way, Princess of Pharmacylandia.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 15, 2013, 07:39:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2013, 06:58:54 PM

Royalty always gets its way, Princess of Pharmacylandia.

If only. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Rifftrax Live was fun as always.  Was a little late because of my buddy; I'm pretty sure there was no short before the main feature, though, so (though that sucks) no big deal.

Starship Troopers is a really, really stupid movie.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Yeah, but Dina Meyer was/is HOTT.

CountDeMoney

Smoking hot.  And when she was on Howard Stern years ago while he was still on terrestrial radio, she copped to a bi experience.  Yummay.

Ideologue

Oh, I 100% concur.  At least in 199x, way hotter (if not strictly prettier) than the vacant-eyed Denise Richards.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Denise Richards always kinda reminded me of a freshly tasered carp.

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on August 15, 2013, 10:35:40 PM

Starship Troopers is a really, really stupid movie.

Crappy review.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Starship Troopers - though I love the movie - is one of the few cases where actors' performances was elevated by dubbing (except Michael Ironside). Esp. Denise Richards seems like she reads her lines the first time or rehearses for a school play.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.