News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on August 07, 2013, 10:28:35 PM
Hey, garbon, do gay fellas worry about their men growing their hair out long, displaying their health to prospective cuckolders?

:huh:

Anyway, I despise long hair on men.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

on an impulse I did some checking and hair grows at about 0,5 inches per month and 4,5 inches (approx the distance from lowest point of hair on the head to the shoulder) is the length of hair grown during 9 months and to be honest I find a hair cut on females with hair shorter than that disturbing...

I don't know the cause, I have never heard any science about it.. but, are women with no hairs longer than 4,5 inches less attractive than they were with longer hair?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Hey, garbon, do gay fellas worry about their men growing their hair out long, displaying their health to prospective cuckolders?

Men don't have to stay healthy for 9 months straight.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on August 07, 2013, 10:36:10 PM
I don't know the cause, I have never heard any science about it.. but, are women with no hairs longer than 4,5 inches less attractive than they were with longer hair?

Yes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on August 07, 2013, 10:32:55 PM

:huh:

Anyway, I despise long hair on men.

I was just making fun of Viking's bizarre and specious evolutionary sexuality argument.

It would be as if I tried to objectively prove that 100 pound women are "better" than 135 pound women of the same height, or that brunettes are "better" than blondes, or Asians "better" than other phenotypes.

It's a matter of aesthetic preference.

I'm also unsure of what disease would cause hair to stop at 2 inches of length and therefore signal lack of reproductive fitness.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

I'm discussing girls.

Maybe if she swept her hair over a bit?  I like to see a bit of forehead on a woman.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on August 07, 2013, 10:42:21 PM
I was just making fun of Viking's bizarre and specious evolutionary sexuality argument.
Some people like to try and invent pseudoscience to support their aesthetic preferences.  And example of this is Nazis, and another is proponents of strategic bombing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

A full head of healthy hair is a sign of lack of illness and genetic disorders, just like the hour glass shape, sufficient breasts, clear skin, symmetrical features, good and straight teeth and fingernails. These are all signs of reproductive health.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on August 07, 2013, 10:45:27 PM
I'm discussing girls.

Maybe if she swept her hair over a bit?  I like to see a bit of forehead on a woman.

Ah, I see.  I like bangs.

It's why Olivia Wilde is so much better looking in Tron Legacy than anything else she's ever been in.  Still beautiful, sure, but the bangs made a better frame.  I am aware it was a wig and those have a lot of tactile and practicality issues (and I am one who knows -_- ) but it looked great.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on August 07, 2013, 10:48:39 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 07, 2013, 10:42:21 PM
Some people like to try and invent pseudoscience to support their aesthetic preferences.  And example of this is Nazis, and another is proponents of strategic bombing.
:lol:
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Viking on August 07, 2013, 10:50:00 PM
A full head of healthy hair is a sign of lack of illness and genetic disorders, just like the hour glass shape, sufficient breasts, clear skin, symmetrical features, good and straight teeth and fingernails. These are all signs of reproductive health.

OK, and if "pixie cut" was a euphemism for "hair falling out in clumps," this would mean something.
Kinemalogue

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on August 07, 2013, 10:53:15 PM

OK, and if "pixie cut" was a euphemism for "hair falling out in clumps," this would mean something.

no, but it could cover up for the fact that last year it was falling out in clumps due to an illness which rendered her barrren.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

And I think that's an overly simplistic look at a very complex issue.  There are a huge number of things that feed into sexuality, and evolutionary factors are just one of them, and not especially important ones either.  And the hourglass figure thing is simply ridiculous, taking a temporary fashion and trying to make it into some kind of greater theme.

Ideologue

Quote from: Viking on August 07, 2013, 10:54:49 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 07, 2013, 10:53:15 PM

no, but it could cover up for the fact that last year it was falling out in clumps due to an illness which rendered her barrren.

I guess that explains why all those women in the 1920s were unable to attract mates.
Kinemalogue