News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

How many more films does Craig have. Is he aging well?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on June 23, 2013, 06:18:42 PM
Fargo :thumbsup:, Buscemi. :wub:

Fargo is a movie about the worst liars in the world trying to lie.

mongers

'The Mosquito Coast ' - Helen Mirren does wholesome mom. :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Celebrity Wife Swap.

Not what I thought it was going to be about.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2013, 07:38:34 PM
Celebrity Wifi Swap.

Not what I thought it was going to be about.

Yeah, finding out that Suzanne Vega shares her wireless internet with Alec Baldwin was a snooze.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2013, 06:31:21 PM
Fargo :thumbsup:, Buscemi. :wub:

Fargo is a movie about the worst liars in the world trying to lie.

Did you make that up? It's good.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

I met a young black woman from Minnesota who sound just like the people in Fargo.

She told me I had the strongest accent she'd ever heard! :D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Skyfall <_<, what a pile of shit. When are they changing up the franchise? None of Craig's Bonds has been any good and Eva Green the only memorable Bond girl. And what was up with the new Q? Aren't they 20 years late with that joke? Generally the whole thing was riddled with boring cliches about old > new, in the end I rooted for Bardem to shoot M. Speaking of Bardem, he is a fucking chameleon, wow.

:rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

World War Z, good movie, liked it a lot. But even knowing they would screw up the book, I am pissed at how it ended, that was not even close. We may see a WWZ II.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 23, 2013, 08:21:43 PM
World War Z, good movie, liked it a lot. But even knowing they would screw up the book, I am pissed at how it ended, that was not even close. We may see a WWZ II.

How did they explain the obvious breaking of various laws of physics and human kinesiology with the whole Zombie Wave Thingy in the trailers?

katmai

:mad:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

his best opening yet. So ya, there'll be a sequel.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2013, 08:29:45 PM

How did they explain the obvious breaking of various laws of physics and human kinesiology with the whole Zombie Wave Thingy in the trailers?
zombie magic.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Kleves

WWZ was pleasingly bleak, though they fucked up the ending. Also, it seems to take place in some alternate reality in which the UN is in command of the US military.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Quote from: Kleves on June 23, 2013, 08:41:58 PM
WWZ was pleasingly bleak, though they fucked up the ending.

And that is with them shooting a new 40 min ending to the film :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son