Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

And Yi sounds just like her!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on June 22, 2013, 02:27:44 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2013, 01:50:01 AM
Man, Sean Young is absolutely heartbreaking in Bladerunner.

When I was a kid, I thought the role was played by a man in drag. The actress's first name didn't help.

Now that's just fruitcake talk right there.

Also, your avatar, Empire of the Sun:  a wonderful under-appreciated flick.  I LOL'd when his little buddy's Zero got derped in the end by the P-51.  CADILLAC OF THE SKIES BITCH

Admiral Yi

Just saw most of Dark Knight Rises.  I had to take a break in the middle to catch a Thrones episode I had missed.

Didn't like it.  Alfred's lines were all stupid.  The charge of the police light brigade was stupid.  I missed the anticapitalist message, but undoubtedly I would have found it stupid.

Whatshername looked great and did a great job.  Wish her agent had let them film just one close up ass shot on the crotch rocket.

C+

CountDeMoney

Yeah, compared to The Dark Night, it was a weak film.  But she was smoking ass hot in that movie.

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2013, 12:18:56 AM
Also, your avatar, Empire of the Sun:  a wonderful under-appreciated flick.  I LOL'd when his little buddy's Zero got derped in the end by the P-51.  CADILLAC OF THE SKIES BITCH

Together with Amistad it's my favorite underrated Spielberg flick.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I'm watching a TV show about gladiators.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on June 23, 2013, 04:15:32 AM

Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 23, 2013, 05:09:37 AM
Quote from: The Brain on June 23, 2013, 04:15:32 AM

Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

I have seen a grown man naked.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2013, 12:39:03 AM
Whatshername looked great and did a great job.  Wish her agent had let them film just one close up ass shot on the crotch rocket.
Love and Other Drugs.  Watch it. :thumbsup:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 23, 2013, 03:28:08 PM

Is that the one where she's the fucked up daughter who comes home to fuck up a wedding?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2013, 03:32:29 PM

Is that the one where she's the fucked up daughter who comes home to fuck up a wedding?

Nah;  she's got Parkinson's in this one, and Jake Gyllenhaal is a pharm rep that falls in love with her.  You can pretty much write the script from there.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2013, 03:32:29 PM

That's "Rachel Getting Married," I think.  I saw that garbage in the movie theater based on some good reviews, and just cringed my way through it.  Especially Jonathan Demme's PC interracial music brigade (starring his teenage son!) at the final wedding scene.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Liep

Fargo :thumbsup:, Buscemi. :wub:

Skyfall <_<, what a pile of shit. When are they changing up the franchise? None of Craig's Bonds has been any good and Eva Green the only memorable Bond girl. And what was up with the new Q? Aren't they 20 years late with that joke? Generally the whole thing was riddled with boring cliches about old > new, in the end I rooted for Bardem to shoot M. Speaking of Bardem, he is a fucking chameleon, wow.

Pigen og Millionæren :thumbsup:, starring Strøbye, Passer, Price, Schwartz, Stegger, Langberg (both Jesper and Ebbe), Hagen and Nørby. All the greats of Danish film in the 60's. "Morris! Hele soveværelset er fyldt med vand!" :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk