And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on June 22, 2013, 12:02:53 AM
Daily Bugle?

http://kinemalogue.blogspot.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-2013-directed-byzack_21.html#more

So I time traveled to 2007 and started a blog, because you can't contain me.  It's phase 2 in my 42-phase plan to write about movies instead of being a shitty quasi-attorney.  You losers can read it, or not.

Bear in mind it's easier to call me a tasteless moron if you do. :)
Fantastic review Ide!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Watched first half of Trouble with the Curve, bailed. The baseball bits were watchable, I suppose.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Watched a Danish movie. Not sure of its original title, but the subtitle was Hijacked. It was about a ship being boarded by Somali pirates near India, and the negotiation between the ship's corporate ownership and the pirates. Pretty decent.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Kleves

Daily Bugle?
Does that mean you're going to stop posting your reviews here, Ide?  :yeahright:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ideologue

Quote from: Kleves on June 22, 2013, 09:54:18 AM
Daily Bugle?
Does that mean you're going to stop posting your reviews here, Ide?  :yeahright:

Only if Jonah would pay me not to.

But the Man of Steel one was really, really long, cut from an even longer slab.  I didn't think anyone would appreciate it if entirely reproduced here--hell from an aesthetic point of view it would have been an eyesore as a post--so I just linked it.

Quote from: TimFantastic review Ide!

:hug:

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on June 22, 2013, 02:27:44 AM
When I was a kid, I thought the role was played by a man in drag. The actress's first name didn't help.

:blink: How in the world could you mistake early Sean Young for a man?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2013, 12:09:53 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 22, 2013, 02:27:44 AM
When I was a kid, I thought the role was played by a man in drag. The actress's first name didn't help.

:blink: How in the world could you mistake early Sean Young for a man?

She played one in a movie with Jim Carrey?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Watching Fargo. Is that really how they talk in Minnesota?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Quote from: Liep on June 22, 2013, 05:08:37 PM

It is a bit of an exaggeration, but that is how Yi sounds :yes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on June 22, 2013, 05:08:37 PM

Last summer I took a road trip up to Minnesota (and eventually on to shithole Thunderbay, Canada) with two goals in mind: to try lutefisk and to listen to people talking like Fargo.

I achieved neither.  Lutefisk is seasonal, and people only speak hardcore Fargospeak up in the northwest corner of the state (or so I was told).

katmai

Don't let him lie to you Liep. This is Yi!

Admiral Yi

The perils of learning geography through home schooling.

katmai

All you people look alike to  me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: katmai on June 22, 2013, 05:24:03 PM
All you people look alike to  me.

Which explains why you can't tell Iowa and Minnesota apart.

The perils of home schooling English.

Eddie Teach

Sarah Palin sounds like the people in Fargo to me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?