News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Well yeah, too much right wing comments here.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Languish is full of bellicose centrists who drive posters from both the right and left fringes off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Oh, bullshit.

I mean, look at this;  it's still Superman, doing what Superman does:  helping the helpless. 
You don't see him propping up the oligarchical hierarchy of the Daily Bugle, the puppet mouthpiece for the 1% exploiting and oppressing the workers of Metropolis, do you?  No.  He's helping the people, who are just as equal as anybody else.

I see nothing wrong with that.  If anything, it makes him a true superhero.   A true superhero is one powerful enough to break the workers' chains, and unite them with actual pensions.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

That chick has a nice ass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 21, 2013, 07:46:03 AM
I like this Seedy.

Seedy's fed up to here with this bullshit.  Time to go motherfucking 3rd Shock.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2013, 07:48:56 AM
I like this Seedy.

5th column 5th column!

Admiral Yi

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2013, 07:48:56 AM
I like this Seedy.
You're still a slave that way though.  Why not try a different way.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Daily Bugle?

QuoteAbout halfway through Man of Steel, there is a moment that signals Snyder's strategy. Hans Zimmer's heretofore rather forgettable score turns into something else for a moment, into a musical cue recalling nothing so much as Christopher Young's dread-inducing accompaniment to 2012's Sinister. The lights go out in Clark Kent's childhood home, as they do in homes and businesses across the globe. The camera zooms through a doorway to a static-filled TV that suddenly takes on pattern and the forms of words, and a face--the distorted image of the Antichrist in black pleather, Superman's nemesis made manifest, General Dru-Zod. In a babel of tongues, the message is received: we are not alone. It occurred to me only later that Zack Snyder, perhaps sneakily, but I believe with some intention, has created here not an action movie per se, and a superhero movie only incidentally, but something like a horror film. It is much the same horror with which we associate with the subgenre that Snyder has decided to evoke here. At least, with the best haunted house films, the fear is not just fear of being hurt, but a stark religious awe, the terror felt by mortal bodies set against the supernatural. This is appropriate. The story of Man of Steel is the story, after all, of a war to determine the nature of our world's God.

http://kinemalogue.blogspot.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-2013-directed-byzack_21.html#more

So I time traveled to 2007 and started a blog, because you can't contain me.  It's phase 2 in my 42-phase plan to write about movies instead of being a shitty quasi-attorney.  You losers can read it, or not.

Bear in mind it's easier to call me a tasteless moron if you do. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Man, Sean Young is absolutely heartbreaking in Bladerunner.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2013, 01:50:01 AM

When I was a kid, I thought the role was played by a man in drag. The actress's first name didn't help.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

It's the haircut. Didn't know any girls at school who wore it so short.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 22, 2013, 01:50:01 AM

Fair enough.  Ever see Firebirds?  I liked Firebirds.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)