News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 15, 2013, 07:42:50 AM
I agree with Yi. District 9 was a solid movie and I was satisfied when I saw it in the theater years ago.

4 Alien-South-Africans out of 5

Same
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Scipio

District 9 was that rarest of things; a true genre movie that is also a true, wait for it, movie.  Technically flawless, no wasted moments, a good plot, excellent character arc.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on June 15, 2013, 02:59:20 PM
District 9 was that rarest of things; a true genre movie that is also a true, wait for it, movie.  Technically flawless, no wasted moments, a good plot, excellent character arc.

:mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

11B4V

^^^^^^ It wasnt all about super special effects and the sort. They dont understand it x3. ^^^^^^^  :lol:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

:)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

:weep:

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 15, 2013, 03:37:33 PM

:unsure:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josephus

I don't remember liking it all that much.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Habbaku on June 15, 2013, 03:54:33 PM

:secret:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 15, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

:osama:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 15, 2013, 05:40:03 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 15, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

:osama:

Hey! Get off the soccer field!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

District 9 was really really good considering it's minimal budget, it's actors inexperience with big productions and it's crews inexperience with CGI. If it proves anything is that a good idea can make up for not having a big budget. It goes one way for half the film the suddenly bombards the viewers with deux ex machina after deus ex machina and then veers off in a completely different direction.

Still, well above average.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.