News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

As cool as Chekov in the captain's chair giving orders to fire may be, it's still a crap asstacular movie, chock full of heady filth and disease badness.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on June 01, 2013, 09:53:17 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 06:55:27 AMor that Star Trek: Undiscovered Country is a Star Trek film.
Woah.  Woah.  Hold up there a minute there.  Let's not overstep our bounds here.

Money says some really bizarre things sometimes, you know?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

I withdraw my earlier statements.

I was confusing Undiscovered Country with Final Frontier.  I blame the heat.

Ideologue

Ah, right.

I was about to post, "And now I'm wondering if he's confusing Final Frontier with Undiscovered Country.  I don't remember a part where Chekov shoots stuff in either, but there is a part in TFF where Chekov pretends to be the captain as part of a ruse."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

If it doesn't have Janeway, what's the point?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2013, 09:55:18 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 01, 2013, 09:53:17 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 06:55:27 AMor that Star Trek: Undiscovered Country is a Star Trek film.
Woah.  Woah.  Hold up there a minute there.  Let's not overstep our bounds here.

Money says some really bizarre things sometimes, you know?

My problem with that movie was the goofy ass ending. Favorite scene was Spock/Kirk Let them die scene
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Wait a minute... Cypher Raige?  Was this movie written by a 6-year old.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 09:59:58 PM
My problem with that movie was the goofy ass ending. Favorite scene was Spock/Kirk Let them die scene

Christopher Plummer's constant Shakepearean bullshit really put a crap on his role.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 10:02:49 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 09:59:58 PM

Christopher Plummer's constant Shakepearean bullshit really put a crap on his role.

:yes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2013, 07:38:26 PM
After Earth (2013)

[pseudo-intellectual brain diarrhea redacted]

Seriously, Seedy, you equate me to this because of one or two one-line comments I made about one movie?  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

garbon

Quote from: Syt on June 01, 2013, 11:13:48 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2013, 07:38:26 PM
After Earth (2013)

[pseudo-intellectual brain diarrhea redacted]

Seriously, Seedy, you equate me to this because of one or two one-line comments I made about one movie?  :rolleyes:

Seriously, Syt, and I feel for you, your feelings for me notwithstanding, but not all of us can earn Seed's love. Not all of us can have china porcelain eyes or this caramel brown complexion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2013, 11:19:27 PMyour feelings for me notwithstanding

What is that supposed to mean? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

1. Rules of Fight Club. 1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB

:shutup:

Syt

I'm confused. I will leave now.
—Stephen Jay Gould