News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Best part of 80's Dune:

A very young Virginia Madsen looking all hot as Irulan.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

80s Dune is better than other versions.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 30, 2013, 01:16:46 PM
6th Sense wasn't all that.

Wrong.  Why are you always wrong? :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 30, 2013, 01:28:58 PM
Quote from: Liep on May 30, 2013, 01:27:42 PM
Is Dune going to get better or will it continue to be utter crap? I was 20 minutes before I stopped.

80's dune? Just give up.

Worth watching once at least.  The worms are neat, the score's pretty nice, and the lines are occasionally quoteable for ironic/humorous effect.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 30, 2013, 01:34:05 PM
Best part of 80's Dune:

A very young Virginia Madsen looking all hot as Irulan.

Also Francesca Annis and Sean Young.  Hooray! :)
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on May 30, 2013, 02:04:24 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 30, 2013, 01:28:58 PM
Quote from: Liep on May 30, 2013, 01:27:42 PM
Is Dune going to get better or will it continue to be utter crap? I was 20 minutes before I stopped.

80's dune? Just give up.

Worth watching once at least.  The worms are neat, the score's pretty nice, and the lines are occasionally quoteable for ironic/humorous effect.

And sting's overacting. Which can be watched on youtube.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on May 30, 2013, 01:36:17 PM

That one begs a remake or mini-series.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on May 30, 2013, 03:51:07 PM

That one begs a remake or mini-series.

Curiously, I find I am in agreement with you on most matters not related to guns.

Darth Wagtaros

I disagree. Except for the theme music.
PDH!

The Brain

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 30, 2013, 03:58:45 PM
I disagree. Except for the theme music.

Really? Well at least you got balls, I give you that.

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 30, 2013, 01:27:10 PM
Here be spoilers

Quote from: Josephus on May 30, 2013, 01:21:14 PM
6th sense was OK....until you sat and reflected, then you realize how shit it was. The reason why no one saw the ending coming is because....there was no reason to suspect that Bruce Willis was a ghost. It made no sense. All the time, did he not realize that no one was talking to him? recognizing him? Did it not dawn on him that he wasn't feeling hungry anymore? Or tired? That he  didn't need to take a piss anymore? Twist endings are fine when you can go back and go "aaah, I see." Like that ghost movie with Nicole Kidman. But this one made you go, "Huh?"

I saw it coming. That dinner with his wife was the giveaway. She wasn't looking at him or avoiding looking at him, all her comments were delayed and not directly responsive to his, she showed no recognition that he was there.

Right. But you think HE would have caught on at some point. Also, don't really see the need for spoilers for a movie that's 15 years old.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

frunk

Quote from: Josephus on May 30, 2013, 04:06:29 PM

Right. But you think HE would have caught on at some point. Also, don't really see the need for spoilers for a movie that's 15 years old.

He's a ghost, why should he be catching on to anything?  You are assuming a dead person will act like a live one.

The Brain

[spoiler]I jizzed in my pants.[/spoiler]

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on May 30, 2013, 04:09:52 PM
[spoiler]I jizzed in my pants.[/spoiler]

Stop eating so many grapes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on May 30, 2013, 04:06:29 PM
Also, don't really see the need for spoilers for a movie that's 15 years old.

Not normally, but when the whole movie is the twist it's worth typing a couple extra words of warning on the off-chance somebody hasn't seen it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?