And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2013, 07:49:44 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 26, 2013, 07:40:21 PM
Omega Man is awesome. Heston talks to himself and shoots vampire hippies while wearing a track suit.

IIRC, first on-screen interracial kiss.

I believe that was Rachel and Jim in 100 Rifles, actually.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Star trek maybe for TV, for the big screen havent a clue.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

Quote from: 11B4V on March 26, 2013, 08:07:18 PM
Star trek maybe for TV, for the big screen havent a clue.
Yeah, Kirk and Uhuru for TV. Don't know for film.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Omega Man is awesome. Heston talks to himself and shoots vampire hippies while wearing a track suit.

A fav actor growing up. For Hetson I rank

1. Omega man
2. Soylent Green
3. El Cid
4. Mountain Men. -cant beleive I forgot this one.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Don't forget "Khartoum" and "55 Days at Peking" for his imperialist epics.

Eddie Teach

1 Planet of the Apes
2 Touch of Evil
3 Ben Hur
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 26, 2013, 08:26:14 PM
Don't forget "Khartoum" and "55 Days at Peking" for his imperialist epics.

A good one, just dont remember all that much.

CountDeMoney

Love Khartoum.  Also loved Touch of Evil.  And 55 Days In Peking.  And so on.

Unfortunately, Chuck destroyed all his previous works with Midway.   Barf.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 25, 2013, 01:01:18 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 25, 2013, 12:56:38 PM
To those talking shit about the Fast and Furius movies a few pages back. They are entertaining movies, not works of art.

Vin Diesel is an abomination that must be stopped.  Same goes for destroying American muscle cars, a precious and increasingly rare resource that needs to be preserved.

It would appear not in 2013. There's a new Riddick movie coming out.  :(

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1411250/

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 26, 2013, 07:55:53 PM
Good point.

I think my problem is that Heston's in a lot of epics with someone else who's kind-of out-acting him. He just needs to be stoic and heroic while they've got a lot of work to do, and God do they do it (Brynner especially).

It's the thing with Larger than life heroic characters, they're just there looking impressive, but don't actually *do* much stuff. Baddies and sidekicks allow many more opportunities to ham it out in character and make memorable acting. Take Spartacus, for instance, who do you remember? Laughton, Ustinov and Olivier. Kirk Douglas is there just looking the part.