TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on February 24, 2013, 01:36:43 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 24, 2013, 07:49:02 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on February 24, 2013, 06:31:17 AM
Having not read the book, I cannot confirm authenticity to the source material,

Does she throw herself in front of a train?

That's the only bit I remember of it.

You don't remember all the boring farm rhetoric? Did the movie do that too?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sophie Scholl

One of the characters has talks with his peasants as he's working the fields with them on the master/serf owner/free laborer idea as well as why he shouldn't be working the fields and what not and such forth.  So if that's what you mean, yeah, there's a decent amount in the film.  Nothing too dragged out, but present.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

mongers

Watching 'Madness in the Desert: Paris to Dakar' a documentary about the epic race.

Humanity needs more of these insane, epic, dangerous, mad endeavours.    :cool:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on February 20, 2013, 12:59:07 AM
Quote[spoiler]They ran off the last episode, so I'm assuming they're still out in the wilderness, or off in another part of the prison. But I bet they're nearby. [/spoiler]
....huh? I...totally missed that. :o
What on earth...Did I miss an episode? :hmm:

Well, you got your answer tonight.

CountDeMoney

Shame to see AMC falling off the Reality Show cliff, with the constant promos for Freakshow.   Shameful.

Ed Anger

They'll show Catwoman to help you out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 24, 2013, 09:56:53 PM
Shame to see AMC falling off the Reality Show cliff, with the constant promos for Freakshow.   Shameful.
To be fair, they have huge holes in their schedule that they could fill with cheaply-produced reality TV rather than cheaply-liscened movies from the 80s.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 24, 2013, 09:56:53 PM

Here you go Seedy

http://press.discovery.com/us/apl/programs/battleground-rhino-wars/
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 24, 2013, 10:57:36 PM
Here you go Seedy

Yeah, if I ever won one of those MegaMillion $400M jackpots, I'd be bankrolling mercs to claim poacher hands and heads for me.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 24, 2013, 11:21:21 PM
Here you go Seedy

Yeah, if I ever won one of those MegaMillion $400M jackpots, I'd be bankrolling mercs to claim poacher hands and heads for me.
Racist.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on February 24, 2013, 11:24:39 PM
Here you go Seedy

Racist.

No, I'd hire black mercs, too.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 24, 2013, 11:27:52 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 24, 2013, 11:24:39 PM
Here you go Seedy

Racist.
No, I'd hire black mercs, too.
More like Uncle Tom slavecatchers to do the white man's work and keep the brother man down.

CountDeMoney

11B4V

He's drunk or canadian or both.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Just announced that Jacoby Jones will indeed be on this season's Dancing With The Stars.