News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 05, 2012, 08:09:02 AM
On that Zombie show, I haven't watch the latest episode yet but

Woohoo! Now that's a death I can get behind.
which one? Lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

That's it, I'm logging off.  It's TiVo'd, and I'm not going to get spoiled, dammit.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2012, 06:45:15 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 05, 2012, 12:28:49 AM
I did like DeVito's coarse, deeply unpleasant, but fundamentally tragic Penguin.

What was so "fundamentally tragic" about him?  How does the Penguin embody tragedy?  How and when exactly did he fall from grace?  What display of misguided yet good-hearted hubris was his downfall?  What compelling qualities did he possess that still allowed for the possibility of redemption?

Think, Clarisse.

I think if he'd been able to get a piece of Jan Hooks' ass everything would've been okay.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2012, 08:42:34 AM
That's it, I'm logging off.  It's TiVo'd, and I'm not going to get spoiled, dammit.

It's the walking dead, everyone will die. The surprise is to find out who did this week?!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Josephus on November 03, 2012, 04:10:06 PM
I even liked the fucking around on the barn bit. The whole reveal about the zombies in the shed. And then the climax of 2.5 was pretty unprecedented on television before. The Walking Dead is by far one of TV's greatest series' ever.

OK, never mind 2.5. Yesterday's episode just put this show into the stratosphere.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 05, 2012, 08:58:18 AM

It's the walking dead, everyone will die. The surprise is to find out who did this week?!

And they will all come back?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

viper37

Michonne is kiiled in the end as she tries to leave the gated community and Andrea is captured to a fate worst than death :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on November 05, 2012, 01:01:55 AM
Ideo, you're generally full of shit in your movie reviews, but Ed Wood was a damn fine movie. :)

:hug:

Also, the Blu-Ray is gorgeous to look at.  Perfect use of black and white.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2012, 04:09:42 PM
Michonne is kiiled in the end as she tries to leave the gated community and Andrea is captured to a fate worst than death :(

LIES

That was one seriously hardcore episode, though.

Bit of a tearjerker. :cry:

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2012, 07:51:50 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 05, 2012, 04:09:42 PM

LIES

That was one seriously hardcore episode, though.

Bit of a tearjerker. :cry:

They killed the only black guy...but at least they had an immediate replacement.  Plus a central casting leftover from "Gods and Generals".

And they solidly endorsed the hard-line pro-life position to abortion.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 05, 2012, 08:05:22 PM
And they solidly endorsed the hard-line pro-life position to abortion.

Oh, I dunno how it was so "hard-line pro-life", when even the most pro-baby killers like me would agree that sustainability outside the womb isn't even a contestable point. 

Besides, I think even Gloria Steinem would probably take a pass on the whole "life of the mother" thingy for post-apocalyptic humanity.*   :P

*Especially for such an annoying character.

Tonitrus

Sustainability wasn't the issue...they could have aborted, but she was all "kill me and cut out the baby at the same time!"

And I think the Ricktatorship is about to go full-crazy-Hitler-like.

CountDeMoney

Oh yeah, Rick's gonna lose it.  I hope it's on Merle.  Should've shot that fucker in the head on the roof when he had the chance.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 05, 2012, 08:31:24 PM
Sustainability wasn't the issue...they could have aborted, but she was all "kill me and cut out the baby at the same time!"

And I think the Ricktatorship is about to go full-crazy-Hitler-like.

I dunno about your silly zombie program, but that shit was retarded in Battlestar Galactica.  It may be less retarded here, but there it was all "WE CANNOT HAVE ABORTIONS WE MUST REPOPULATE.  IN OUR SPACESHIPS.  THE ONES WITH FIXED AND DWINDLING SUPPLIES.  SO SAY WE ALL LOL LOL LOL."
Kinemalogue