News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on October 21, 2012, 10:06:06 PM
Rick's half assedness is starting to piss me off.

What half-assedness are you referring to?  Granted, I would've dropped esse the 2nd time he pulled that peashooter on somebody, but he had no compunction dropping that machete, or leaving baseball bat to his fate.  The other two convicts were harmless:  although I might have kicked them out to exile.

QuoteAlso, was that the one handed brother in the preview?

Yeah.  That's gonna be bad news right there.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on October 22, 2012, 01:30:00 AM
I don't think I need to see The Killing to form a strong opinion about Kubrick's body of work nor to state as fact that a lot of people have seen his movies from Spartacus going forward. :lol:

No, but you at least need to see shit after Spartacus if you're going to talk smack about Kubrick.

In any case, I tire of your movie reviews, as they are bereft of a proper scholarly approach.  For somebody that went to law school, you sure as shit tossed out the concept of interpretation based on precedent.  :P

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 05:12:47 AM
Quote from: HVC on October 21, 2012, 10:06:06 PM
Rick's half assedness is starting to piss me off.

What half-assedness are you referring to?  Granted, I would've dropped esse the 2nd time he pulled that peashooter on somebody, but he had no compunction dropping that machete, or leaving baseball bat to his fate.  The other two convicts were harmless:  although I might have kicked them out to exile.
They were harmless until he killed two guys they were living with for 10 months. you don't create a potential threat and then just leave them alone.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on October 22, 2012, 06:09:01 AM
They were harmless until he killed two guys they were living with for 10 months. you don't create a potential threat and then just leave them alone.

Ah, then on that point, I agree.  Come correct, or don't come at all.  Should've run the tables on all of them.  Except the little one, he was harmless.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2012, 06:28:47 AM
Quote from: HVC on October 22, 2012, 06:09:01 AM

Ah, then on that point, I agree.  Come correct, or don't come at all.  Should've run the tables on all of them.  Except the little one, he was harmless.
he creeped me out. Seemed easy going, but survived with the crazy esse, so he has something going on.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Josephus

It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

IMO, this is war. I would have killed them all ASAP. You now get rid of a potential threat and you have all the food you can eat.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PDH

Naw, the only one you don't off is the guy who said he won't beg for his life - he got the pragmatism of the situation.  Sure, later he might try something, but he was the smartest and quickest to realize the rules changed...

Little mustache guy with the pharmaceutical problem would sell anyone out at a moment's notice.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

Yeah, the white guy seemed nice but creepy, and he was in jail, smells vaguely paedoish...but then the others didn't shank him. General rapist maybe? Something dodgy anyway.

The part I didn't get was the woman practicing surgery on the zombie bit- why did the guy with her distract the other zombies and lead them away whilst she opened the fence to get the corpse? There were just 5 of them, every dead zee helps...
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

White guy said it was pharmaceuticals that got him jailed. :contract:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

My mother is in town at the moment to visit her grandkids, so my wife and I took the opportunity to see an actual movie in an actual movie theatre. :o

Search reveals no mention of Seven Psycopaths on Languish.  Odd, as I'd think it would be right up the Languish alley.  The whole "movie about making a movie called Seven Psycopaths" was a bit pretentious, but surprisingly they really managed to mostly pull it off.  Highly recommended.  Written and directed by the guy who did In Bruges, and it certainly contains the same mix of quirky humour, witty dialogue, and heavy violence.

Seriously, see this movie.  Maybe the best I've seen in several years.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

QuoteLOL, speaking of editing:  2011. 

Depends on what you mean.  The editing in the sense of narrative cohesion and aesthetic value is great.  If you mean pacing, that's arguable and I can cede that.  I didn't like 2001 when I was a kid, and there are adult humans whose opinion I respect who don't like the movie as a whole--although they still tend to think the last hour is good.  I think that's acceptable, but it's a shame that folks can't enjoy the silence.

I'm reasonably sure he was referring to your typo.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on October 22, 2012, 08:42:28 AM
Naw, the only one you don't off is the guy who said he won't beg for his life - he got the pragmatism of the situation.  Sure, later he might try something, but he was the smartest and quickest to realize the rules changed...

He was also a hardened black convict on his knees with a white cop pointing a gun in his face.  Pragmatist or not, you just don't walk that one back.

QuoteLittle mustache guy with the pharmaceutical problem would sell anyone out at a moment's notice.

If he were a true snitch, he'd have been killed outright by Esse long ago.

But in any case, yeah, once you whack one, gotta whack them all.  Could only be trouble down the road.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 22, 2012, 10:30:19 AM
QuoteLOL, speaking of editing:  2011. 

Depends on what you mean.  The editing in the sense of narrative cohesion and aesthetic value is great.  If you mean pacing, that's arguable and I can cede that.  I didn't like 2001 when I was a kid, and there are adult humans whose opinion I respect who don't like the movie as a whole--although they still tend to think the last hour is good.  I think that's acceptable, but it's a shame that folks can't enjoy the silence.

I'm reasonably sure he was referring to your typo.  :P

Shhhh, he's in Esoteric Mode.

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on October 22, 2012, 09:01:16 AM
White guy said it was pharmaceuticals that got him jailed. :contract:
And people in jail never lie :P

CountDeMoney

"You got a cell phone so we can call our families?"