News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

I've been cruising through Luther, the BBC cop procedural.  Quite good for whiling away the hours, and only 10 episodes to the whole show it seems.  Kind of a shame really that it didn't last longer.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

There is another season planned.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on May 26, 2012, 01:56:27 AM
There is another season planned.
Nice.  Any idea why they went from 6 episodes to 4 in the second season?  Or is Netflix simply lacking the final 2 episodes of the second "series".  Stupid Brit TV language.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Nope only 4 episodes for series 2 and planned for series 3.

No idea why, i just blame the Pommies.

Sophie Scholl

I must say, one thing that surprised me was that Idris is only 6'2/almost 6'3.  He seems to tower over everyone else and exude physical menace when necessary in the show.  Damn fine work.  Makes me wish I'd tracked down The Wire like I've always planned to do.

Viking

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 26, 2012, 02:12:09 AM
I must say, one thing that surprised me was that Idris is only 6'2/almost 6'3.  He seems to tower over everyone else and exude physical menace when necessary in the show.  Damn fine work.  Makes me wish I'd tracked down The Wire like I've always planned to do.

ffs go

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wire-Complete-Series/dp/B001FA1P1W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338019098&sr=8-1

buy and watch
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

I have no idea why the BBC cut it from 6 to 4 episodes.  I think the episodes were longer.  Perhaps Elba had more film work?

Regardless I'm glad it's back for a third series because I loved it - though I think 2 was weaker than 1.
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

Storage Wars. God knows why. :(
PDH!

11B4V

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 26, 2012, 06:08:03 AM
Storage Wars. God knows why. :(

I'm sorry. My reality tv fix is Kitchen Nightmares.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Battle of The Bulge is on.  As much as Robert Shaw is one of the greatest Englishmen to ever grace the earth, this movie gives me the trots.  What an atrocious excuse of a war film.

Midway was atrocious last night, too.  Ptooey.

Decided to watch The Thin Red Line.  It's not a war movie, it's a study. :wub:

Darth Wagtaros

I didn't like either of those.  The last scene in Battle of th Bulge when Pieper gets killed by a rolling barrel of oil is a tribute to cinematic hackery.
PDH!

katmai

Fuck all you Telly Savalas haters.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: katmai on May 26, 2012, 06:33:59 AM
Fuck all you Telly Savalas haters.
He kicked ass in Kelly's Heroes and the Dirty Dozen. 

Kojak may be the man, but he's solid cool, ya know?
PDH!

katmai

Yet you doubt his ability to kill Robert Shaw with barrel of petrol, for shame WAGS, FOR SHAME!