And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Tank Commandos? Submarine Seahawk? :unsure:

Eddie Teach

Beats watching The Green Berets a fourth time.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 24, 2012, 07:44:46 PM
I shall watch Longest Day and Kelly's Heroes.

Yeah, AMC's line-up is, overall, pretty weak.  One would think those titles would've made the weekend. Hart's War?  Really?

I'm just glad Pearl Harbor isn't in there.  But there is a noticeable lack of appropriate John Wayne content.

And yeah, Yi...I don't get those, either.

Darth Wagtaros

AMC will call any shit movie a classic. 
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 24, 2012, 07:59:21 PM

hell, they are showing CSI:Miami now. lolwut?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2012, 08:06:04 PM

Classic Television...Miami Style
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2012, 08:06:04 PM

Yeah, AMC sold out long ago.  The real "classic" movies channel is TMC.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on May 24, 2012, 08:08:29 PM

Classic Television...Miami Style

Funny, that doesn't look like Don Johnson.  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Just saw The Dictator.  Hardly anyone in the theater, and the few people in there seemed to miss a lot of the jokes.  I thought it was pretty good.  Not Borat, well worth seeing.  The faux-arabized songs on the soundtrack were a hoot.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Oh fuck, new season of Red Vs. Blue starts May 28.  Also: ELIJAH WOOD IS IN IT.  Which is sort of weird.

Hope it's better than last season, i.e., has more of the actual RvB cast, as opposed to flashbacks about dumb old Project Freelancer and mental projections of the RvB cast imagined by Epsilon/Church.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on May 24, 2012, 11:43:48 PM
Oh fuck, new season of Red Vs. Blue starts May 28.  Also: ELIJAH WOOD IS IN IT.  Which is sort of weird.

Hope it's better than last season, i.e., has more of the actual RvB cast, as opposed to flashbacks about dumb old Project Freelancer and mental projections of the RvB cast imagined by Epsilon/Church.

Nerd.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Darth Wagtaros

Yes.  At least in Sweeney Todd he had the good sense to wind up in a pie.
PDH!

Syt

I've finished watching all 8 seasons of The Office. I liked seasons 1-4 best. From there it went downhill. Jim and Pam have been rather bland/boring ever since they married, being the perfect couple without any major crisis. The characters started as caricatures of office people, now they feel like caricatures of the early characters.

Till season 7, Steve Carrell was the saving grace of the show. I only kept watching Season 8 because of Ed Helms as Andy Bernard (the character really grew on me since he was introduced in season 3) and James Spader as Robert California. Most of the plots were meh, the Andy/Erin storyline felt like a bit of a Jim/pam rehash, and the motional stakes on the whole were a lot lower.

Also, I hated Catherine Tate.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.