News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

Weird Science was on CBS after the NCAA games last night and  I made the kids watch it with me.  I was irritated at all the stuff they censored out- Candle wax on the pimples, really?- but it is still a pretty fun movie. 

The kids immediately knew that they recognized Robert Downey Jr's face but couldn't figure out who he was until I told them.

I would have loved to go Steven Seagal on Kelly LeBrock back then.

Liep

The Artist, adds a little depth to Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo after having only seen them in OSS 117: Cairo, nest of spies. :P Lovely score as well.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2012, 01:56:17 PM
Quote from: Syt on March 18, 2012, 12:31:48 PM
Finished watching Black Books. It's rather like watching CdM and Timmay running a bookshop together.

Which wouldn't be very long, what with the murder and all.
Pish posh, we'd be the Odd Couple of the 21st century.  :bowler:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I watched an episode of Peep Show. To sum it up "Jeremy, there are many things I would do to help you, but digging a hole in the wintry earth with my bare hands so that you can bury the corpse of a dog you've killed is not one of them."
██████
██████
██████

garbon

I'm really sad that I didn't catch The Shield when it first ran.  Definitely a love in my cop dramas. Also enjoy the Spanish dialogue as it is basic enough coming from the white cops that it strokes my ego to understand it. :D

edit: I just got to the oral rape. wow.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Kleves

21 Jump Street. It was enjoyable. I've had enough Jonah Hill for awhile, though.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

I just saw a trailer for some movie with Depp as an undead of some sort. Guy's keeping busy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Walking Dead certainly thinned the herd tonight.  I though Herschel was a goner.

And Rick flipping the fuck out at the end didn't do much for everybody's faith in him.  Knowing he killed Shane, they're definitely looking at him differently.
What I don't get is why Lori kinda wigged out the way she did when Rick told her about Shane.  Bitch, he killed him for you.

And yeah, now we finally know what the CDC scientist whispered in Rick's ear in Atlanta.  That's some fucked up shit, man.  Puts a damper on the whole "rebuilding civilization" angle.

And what was that building off in the distance at the end?  Looked like a prison.  If so, not cool.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2012, 02:17:06 AM
And yeah, now we finally know what the CDC scientist whispered in Rick's ear in Atlanta.  That's some fucked up shit, man.  Puts a damper on the whole "rebuilding civilization" angle.

Yeah, would suck if every traffic accident could potentially wipe out a city.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2012, 02:17:06 AM
And what was that building off in the distance at the end?  Looked like a prison.  If so, not cool.

QuoteRick turns his back on the group. Up the road, a structure looms in the distance: a prison.

Well, it's got its pros and cons (nyuk):

Pros: Definitely a defensible position, the kind Rick was talking about.
Cons:  Probably already occupied.  Don't know which is worse: zombies or convicts.  Or whoever had the idea to defend in place at a prison first.

CountDeMoney

Man, I hate having to wait months for another season to start  :mad:  Should've done with this what I did with BSG;  skip the entire seasons, and engorge myself on Netflix, and come to the same conclusion years later that everybody else did at the time:  that BSG went right off the rails during 2.5  :P

At least The Killing starts in two weeks.  Gotta see what happens since they dirtied up Holder. 

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2012, 02:06:33 PM
Trailer for "The Assault"

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/theassault/

For you Apple trailerhaters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOyfHQ6JCjo

Team France.  Fuck yeah.

We fucked them up that day. :frog:

And Holder had a GOOD REASON. Dude is damaged, he had to have a good reason.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on March 19, 2012, 02:38:37 AM
And Holder had a GOOD REASON. Dude is damaged, he had to have a good reason.

Yeah, he's a good cop.  Sometimes, you have to connect the dots yourself when the dots don't line up.  Even if it's with doctored evidence.  :ph34r: