News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Contraband. This was one of those "all the other shows are sold out" choices. Ended up being a pretty fast paced thriller.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Brain on February 05, 2012, 09:20:43 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 05, 2012, 09:16:24 AM
We'll Take Manhatten- Made for TV filmy thingy about the photographer David Bailey and an apparently famous New York photo shoot. I know F.A about fashion or photography or anything so it was all lost on me, though at the end they showed the actual photos and...yes...I do recognise some of them. I suppose one thing that I took from it is I quite fancy the idea of having my hair like the guy in it.

How does it compare to Friday The 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan?
MOre importantly, the Muppets Take Manhattan?
PDH!

Ed Anger

I'd like to strangle every puppy in the Treasure Buddies commercial.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 05, 2012, 03:41:33 PM
I'd like to strangle every puppy in the Treasure Buddies commercial.

Don't do that! It's the voice actors you should be after.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Last 4 episodes of Free Agents that they posted on Hulu. I gotta say if it was still on the air, I'd probably still be watching that aimless, frivolous show. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

One week until The Walking Dead.

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 05, 2012, 08:53:38 AM
Tangled.  Okay Pixar-ish Disney.

Recently watched the The Princess and the Frog.  Old fashioned hand drawn animation.  I was surprised how much I would like a kids movie.  Lots of Jazz.  I like Jazz. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

I really disliked The Princess and the Frog, which is odd because I generally do like Disney movies, even ones I have no childhood nostalgic attachment to (e.g., Hercules, Mulan, even that Atlantis movie is ok).  Korea too.  We watched it and by about an hour in were remarking how dull it was.  Didn't like the songs either.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Enchanted was good.

Been watching Dirty Jobs.  That can be fun.
PDH!

Eddie Teach

Princess and Frog was ok, I didn't like Hercules and hated Hunchback(cause Disnefying that book is just plain wrong).

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 06, 2012, 10:39:49 AM
Princess and Frog was ok, I didn't like Hercules and hated Hunchback(cause Disnefying that book is just plain wrong).

Yeah, I hated Hercules and Hunchback.  With Hunchback they couldn't have missed the point worse if they were throwing darts in the opposite direction.  I mean one of the least likable characters in the book (the Captain), is made out to be a hero.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I was surprised when watching the John Carter trailer to see that it's a Disney flic.  John Carter is all about the sexy Martian babes with the gauzy crotch cloths. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on February 06, 2012, 11:18:11 AM
Yeah, I hated Hercules and Hunchback.  With Hunchback they couldn't have missed the point worse if they were throwing darts in the opposite direction.  I mean one of the least likable characters in the book (the Captain), is made out to be a hero.

:yes: "What, this chick I banged who's hopelessly smitten with me is on trial for my murder? Uh, sucks to be her."