News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on November 27, 2011, 04:37:06 PM
hmm.. shall I reveal the ending of "The Mousetrap" as well?

As well as what? :)

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2011, 04:39:32 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 27, 2011, 04:37:06 PM
hmm.. shall I reveal the ending of "The Mousetrap" as well?

As well as what? :)

As well as the beginning. And middle. :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2011, 12:55:59 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 27, 2011, 09:37:12 AM
I'm enjoying the 'Liam Neeson destroys Europe' series.

What's not to enjoy?
If he is half as good as he was in Krull then its worth a look.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2011, 04:18:01 PM
Finally saw the ending of The Orient Express.  What a shocker!

When did you start it? 1983?

And what is with you with ADHD and movies?  Is there a particular reason you've never seen a film from start to finish in one sitting?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2011, 08:56:13 PM
When did you start it? 1983?

And what is with you with ADHD and movies?  Is there a particular reason you've never seen a film from start to finish in one sitting?

I watch movies on cable.  I get bored with a movie, or there's a commercial break, I jump around looking for something better.

Ideologue

My grandmother used to go to the movies at random times, watch from whenever she sat down, stay for the next showing, and leave when they got to the part where she came in.  I guess she viewed time like Billy Pilgrim or something.  She was kind of a weird lady.

Used to make me peanut butter and banana sandwiches and Ovaltine though. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Right, as is more common I flip on the idiot box and there's some movie that's halfway through.

What should I do then, not watch it so I can build up my Languish rep?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2011, 10:03:23 PM
Right, as is more common I flip on the idiot box and there's some movie that's halfway through.

Yes.
PDH!

Josquius

A super hero marathon weekend.

Thor - Started watching it ages ago but couldn't get into the second half. A lot more asgardy and less earth bound than I expected it to be, I expected it to be very grounded on Earth after an initial origin story. It...had its moments but overall it was just too silly.

Captain America- This film has moments of supreme awesomeness. And some typical dull draggy moments. The CG is also rather crap, when they're jumping on the train for instance it just looks so darn fake and cartoony. But overall rather good. Rather nifty was all the little (and not so little) links to other Marvel films.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2011, 10:03:23 PM

Turn the tv on earlier.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

Berkut

Tonights episode of Dead Walking was freaking outstanding.

The show is not about zombies. If that is your expectation, then you will be dissapointed - but then, the show would not be nearly as good as it is, either.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on November 28, 2011, 12:40:31 AM
Tonights episode of Dead Walking was freaking outstanding.

The show is not about zombies. If that is your expectation, then you will be dissapointed - but then, the show would not be nearly as good as it is, either.

Another vampire show? Just what we need. :bleeding:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

The current episode just made this entire half season worth the effort.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The current episode bought a lot of lost ground back for the show as a whole.  They've ensured I'll continue watching so long as they keep delivering the punches (and the beautiful camera-work) like that.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien