News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

ended up last night seeing an old 1971 movie The Andromeda Strain, which I'd never seen before and was based on a Crichton novel. Wasn't too bad in a quaint early 70s way. And very dated. I enjoyed the scene where the old man lying in hospital bed pinches black nurse's ass, and she's like 'oh...ha ha. You funny man!"

I miss those days.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

I liked the Andromeda Strain.  And I liked the 70s.  Their attitudes towards just about everything were closer to correct, even if their technology was backwards.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lettow77

the second season of My Little Pony aired by far its best episode so far today.
Available in the splendour of 1080ponies; highly recommended
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_cgBvq-Sy4
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

The Brain

Another Family Guy Star Wars episode is on. If I were polite I'd call them a missed opportunity. Just retelling the movies with Family Guy characters? Booooring.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on November 22, 2011, 02:35:09 PM
Another Family Guy Star Wars episode is on. If I were polite I'd call them a missed opportunity. Just retelling the movies with Family Guy characters? Booooring.

They're OK....to watch once.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Drakken

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 19, 2011, 04:34:00 PM
the second season of My Little Pony aired by far its best episode so far today.
Available in the splendour of 1080ponies; highly recommended
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_cgBvq-Sy4

Drakken

Quote from: The Brain on November 22, 2011, 02:35:09 PM

Bet you did like the Rocky IV montage while jedi training on Dagobah, though.

Overall, I liked the high quality of the animation, although the jokes sometimes would fall really flat. The "Meg is a horrendously ugly for no reason" shtick that makes them use her as the Worm inside the Asteroid really gets old.

Josephus

No Walking Dead posts this week? Didn't think it was all that bad. Season Finale next week.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Josephus on November 22, 2011, 11:03:56 PM
No Walking Dead posts this week? Didn't think it was all that bad. Mid-Season Finale next week.

Fixed.

Last few episodes weren't that bad, but not as good as the first few.  Kinda coasting right now with "people drama",  "oh my god I killed some zombies, now I am suddenly a bad-ass chick that gets turned on by headshots", "I shaved my head to show how much a stone cold killer I am", and "creepy old man has walkers in the barn" stuff.

Habsburg

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 23, 2011, 12:36:09 AM
No Walking Dead posts this week? Didn't think it was all that bad. Mid-Season Finale next week.

Fixed.

Last few episodes weren't that bad, but not as good as the first few.  Kinda coasting right now with "people drama",  "oh my god I killed some zombies, now I am suddenly a bad-ass chick that gets turned on by headshots", "I shaved my head to show how much a stone cold killer I am", and "creepy old man has walkers in the barn" stuff.

Tonitrus

Sheilbh

Bad Lieutenant.  Very enjoyable.  Even Nicholas Cage was bearable.

I'm really enjoying Herzog's mid-life resurgence of the past few years. 
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Saw the first half of The American.  Twere OK.

HVC

No Walking Dead posts this week? Didn't think it was all that bad. Season Finale next week.
already? Nothing happened yet.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Wow, I've been watching Walking Dead and was thinking how much better this season is than the last.

I do find the zombies kind of dissapointing - they really aren't much of a threat at all. I am kind of wondering how the military failed against them. A competent team of men with assault rifles and adequate ammo should be able to take out a pretty unlimited number of them.

But the show isn't really about the zombies, it is about this group.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned