News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Viking on November 15, 2011, 07:01:24 AM
The Walking Dead's problem is that they are doing the Hershel's Farm storyline in more episodes than the comic used issues.
I don't know about the comic, but it sure is way too slow moving.  The barn was a nice touch, I didn't expect that until I saw the girl running. But it should have happened last week.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 15, 2011, 02:22:25 AM
Seeing news that "Community" is off of NBC's midseason schedule.

Yet they're keeping "Whitney"? :bleeding:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on November 15, 2011, 09:48:12 AM
Quote from: Viking on November 15, 2011, 07:01:24 AM
The Walking Dead's problem is that they are doing the Hershel's Farm storyline in more episodes than the comic used issues.
I don't know about the comic, but it sure is way too slow moving.  The barn was a nice touch, I didn't expect that until I saw the girl running. But it should have happened last week.
That whole episode the old guy who owns the farm was acting a bit too off in a horror movie "I'm hiding something nasty" way.  I kind of did guess it would be something like having his zombie wife kept as a pet somewhere or the like.

With the Walking Dead I really feel they're on a tight budget and trying to do some sort of cheap and easy "a bunch of characters in the woods" piece against a backdrop of the occasional zombie incident. Kind of masquerading something cheap, a little few character drama as something expensive like a zombie apocolypse.
Sort of like the 70s BBC show Survivors.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Or any other 1970's or many 80's sci fi shows. 
PDH!

jimmy olsen

War of the Worlds: Goliath

QuoteIn 1899, the Earth was attacked by ruthless invaders from the planet Mars. The Martian's 80 ft tall, heat-ray spewing, Tripod battle machines laid waste to the planet, but the invaders ultimately fell prey to Earth's tiny bacteria.

Fifteen years later, Man has rebuilt his shattered world, in large part by utilizing captured Martian technology. Equipped with giant, steam-powered Tripod battle machines, the international rapid reaction force, A.R.E.S., is Mankind's first line of defense against the return of the rapacious Martian invaders. Based in a massive fortress complex at the south end of Manhattan Island, the young warriors of A.R.E.S. train under the leadership of Secretary of War, Theodore Roosevelt, and the grim General Kushnirov.

And return the Martians do. The rematch finds the multinational squad of the A.R.E.S. battle Tripod "Goliath" on the front-lines of a vicious interplanetary offensive when the Martian invaders launch their second invasion using even more advanced alien technology. In the crucible of combat, this young team helming the mighty Goliath will be tested to the limits of their endurance and courage as they fight for Mankind's very survival under the onslaught of an implacable enemy.

This is the saga of "War of the Worlds: Goliath", a 95-minute, animated, steampunk epic of war, comradeship and courage under fire.

The Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBPn4WZfJnc

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

Quote from: viper37 on November 14, 2011, 01:48:37 PM
Terra Nova tonight.

It is hyped as a 'big' episode, with lots of action and hard choices.  It better delivers or I'm done with this show.

Damn you!! Damn you too hell!! This comment of yours made me watch this turkey again.

Animals - no brachosaurs or sailfish during the relevant period. Brachiosaurs are Jurassic (60My earlier) and Sailfish are Tertiary (30My later).

crappy plot, crappy story, crappy characters I can't wait til this gets cancelled so I can stop being so annoyed about how crap it is. And the Spinosaurus bit I read about... the fucking Spinosuarus is a fish eating (yes big fish) late Cretaceous (20My later) North African dinosaur.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tim's silly programthe Martian invaders launch their second invasion using even more advanced alien technology

Like what, using kinetic weapons that no human could possibly defend against and which they clearly, by dint of interplanetary spaceflight, have the ability to easily deploy, and that they should have used the first time?

Wait, why the fuck do they want to come back to Planet Disease in the first place?

This show is dumb.  War of the Worlds fan-fiction is dumb.  Well, Killraven was maybe okay.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on November 15, 2011, 04:26:05 PM
Quote from: Tim's silly programthe Martian invaders launch their second invasion using even more advanced alien technology

Like what, using kinetic weapons that no human could possibly defend against and which they clearly, by dint of interplanetary spaceflight, have the ability to easily deploy, and that they should have used the first time?

Wait, why the fuck do they want to come back to Planet Disease in the first place?

This show is dumb.  War of the Worlds fan-fiction is dumb.  Well, Killraven was maybe okay.
They've probably spent the last 15 years developing antibiotics.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Gahh. H.G. Wells *and* Teddy Roosevelt are rolling in their graves.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 15, 2011, 04:58:06 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 15, 2011, 04:26:05 PM

They've probably spent the last 15 years developing antibiotics.

They'll be fucked when the catch a virus then.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 15, 2011, 03:24:51 PM
War of the Worlds: Goliath

QuoteIn 1899, the Earth was attacked by ruthless invaders from the planet Mars. The Martian's 80 ft tall, heat-ray spewing, Tripod battle machines laid waste to the planet, but the invaders ultimately fell prey to Earth's tiny bacteria.

Fifteen years later, Man has rebuilt his shattered world, in large part by utilizing captured Martian technology. Equipped with giant, steam-powered Tripod battle machines, the international rapid reaction force, A.R.E.S., is Mankind's first line of defense against the return of the rapacious Martian invaders. Based in a massive fortress complex at the south end of Manhattan Island, the young warriors of A.R.E.S. train under the leadership of Secretary of War, Theodore Roosevelt, and the grim General Kushnirov.

And return the Martians do. The rematch finds the multinational squad of the A.R.E.S. battle Tripod "Goliath" on the front-lines of a vicious interplanetary offensive when the Martian invaders launch their second invasion using even more advanced alien technology. In the crucible of combat, this young team helming the mighty Goliath will be tested to the limits of their endurance and courage as they fight for Mankind's very survival under the onslaught of an implacable enemy.

This is the saga of "War of the Worlds: Goliath", a 95-minute, animated, steampunk epic of war, comradeship and courage under fire.

The Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBPn4WZfJnc

Even before I reached the end I guessed something that daft had to be animated.
But oddly not Japanese.
The machines and stuff look rather cool but the characters, ugh.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

I agree with him. Tyr is right.

Even Adam Baldwin can't fix this.
PDH!

Neil

Tripod war machines are incorrect.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Watched the most recent ep. of Walking Dead. Refuse to accept that they didn't hear the zombies in the barn up to this point.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

You refuse to believe that zombies that have no outside stimulus will be silent rather than just randomly make noise?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien