News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Terra Nova tonight.

It is hyped as a 'big' episode, with lots of action and hard choices.  It better delivers or I'm done with this show.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

I saw a little bit of Pan Am the other night.

The stewardess with the foreign accent is cute.  Where is she supposed to be from?

Is that Christina Ricci with the eyes buggin' out of her head?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2011, 07:57:48 PM
The stewardess with the foreign accent is cute.  Where is she supposed to be from?

France. Possibly Jewish, not sure. She really hates Germans.

And yeah, Ricci is on the show.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 14, 2011, 08:04:17 PM

France. Possibly Jewish, not sure. She really hates Germans.

And yeah, Ricci is on the show.

From the Wiki they are from Quebec and Queensland.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

She's supposedly Parisian, but in real life she's a French Canadian. :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Enjoying Hell on Wheels so far.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Seeing news that "Community" is off of NBC's midseason schedule.

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Larch

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 15, 2011, 02:22:25 AM

They've always had a mid season break around december-january, so I wouldn't be too worried. Then again this season is not being as memorable as the others and it never had big ratings or awards...so it could go either way. I hope that they'll finish the season at least.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on November 14, 2011, 11:57:10 AM
Walking Dead is losing its touch.

Awww, don't tell me that. I've got the last two episodes TiVo'd.

Viking

The Walking Dead's problem is that they are doing the Hershel's Farm storyline in more episodes than the comic used issues. Next season will be much more difficult as they are either going to try and run the prison or prison-governor storylines in one series. The Prison storyline might be too short, but the prison-governor story will be too long. I think they have a serious pacing problem.

CountDeMoney

Well, they did ditch the original screenwriter after the first 6 episodes for this 6 and February's 6, so who knows.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 15, 2011, 02:22:25 AM

Oh well. Troy and Abed was getting annoying anyways.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Viking on November 15, 2011, 07:01:24 AM
The Walking Dead's problem is that they are doing the Hershel's Farm storyline in more episodes than the comic used issues. Next season will be much more difficult as they are either going to try and run the prison or prison-governor storylines in one series. The Prison storyline might be too short, but the prison-governor story will be too long. I think they have a serious pacing problem.

And there's too much talking. The Last 2 episodes were excruciating.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Haven't watched teh most recent ep. of Walking Dead yet, but the one before that was bereft of zombies, except for the guy in the well.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011