Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: The Brain on December 10, 2020, 03:20:40 PM
Quote from: Threviel on December 10, 2020, 02:32:33 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 10, 2020, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 10, 2020, 01:59:07 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 10, 2020, 01:53:22 PM
Is John Wick any good?

If you enjoy this kind of small-scale violent action movies, yes. If not, it's not good enough to really trascend the genre.

Doesn't it have Peter Stormare btw? But then everything has Peter Stormare.

Michael Nyqvist.

OK then I'll pass. Is Peter Stormare in John Wick 2?

Briefly.

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on December 10, 2020, 03:25:29 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 10, 2020, 03:20:40 PM
Quote from: Threviel on December 10, 2020, 02:32:33 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 10, 2020, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 10, 2020, 01:59:07 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 10, 2020, 01:53:22 PM
Is John Wick any good?

If you enjoy this kind of small-scale violent action movies, yes. If not, it's not good enough to really trascend the genre.

Doesn't it have Peter Stormare btw? But then everything has Peter Stormare.

Michael Nyqvist.

OK then I'll pass. Is Peter Stormare in John Wick 2?

Briefly.

Ah. Then I might watch it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

James Mangold to direct the next Indiana Jones. I have hopes that it won't be be worse than 4.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

So, on top of all the Star Wars stuff (see its own thread) and a bunch of other announcements, Disney has also announced the following during its presentation for investors:

From Lucasfilm

- A new Indiana Jones film, with Harrison Ford and directed by James Mangold. It's already in pre-production, it'll start shooting next year and reach the big screen in the summer of 2022.

- A Willow tv series starring Warwick Davies.

For FX

- An Alien tv series.

- A remake miniseries of Shogun.

- A comedy series from Taika Waititi about four teenagers in an indian reservation in Oklahoma.

- 4 more seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which will apparently make it the longest running sitcom in history.

Bucketloads of stuff for Disney +, including a new Mighty Ducks series starring Emilio Estevez, a series adaptation of Turner & Hooch (the Tom Hanks 80s film), a remake film of Three Men and a Baby, biopic films about Chris Paul and Giannis Antetokounmpo, four animated shows based on existing Disney properties (Zootopia, Moana, Tiana and Big Hero 6, a sf Afro-futurist animated show, three Pixar shows (including one based on Cars), a Disney+ exclusive Pixar film and I'm sure that there's a bunch more stuff that I'm forgetting.

New feature films were also announced, including the Little Mermaid live action remake, a Latin-American fantasy about a family living in a magical house in Colombia, with songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda and three Pixar films, including a Toy Story spinoff about Buzz Lightyear (to be voiced by Chris Evans).

There's also new Marvel stuff but I'll put it in another post as this is turning quite long already.

Malthus

A remake of Shogun, why? The original was a classic.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Larch

So, Marvel related announcements. A bunch of them were already known, but new details have transpired.

Feature films

- Black Widow, to open in theaters in may 2021
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, to open in theaters in July 2021. It'll be a superhero martial arts film with a mostly Asian cast, with The Mandarin as its villain.
- Eternals, to open in November 2021. It'll introduce a bunch of new characters from an alien group of heroes, and will feature an all-star cast, with Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek, Kumail Nanjani and two GoT familiar faces, Richard Madden and Kit Harrington.
- Spider Man 3, to open in December 2021. It'll also feature Dr. Strange and through dimensional shenanigans will also feature characters from the other two Spider Man cycles of films (Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane, Alfred Molina as Dr. Octopus and Jamie Foxx as Electro)
- Doctor Strange 2 (Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness), to reach theaters in March 2022. To be directed by Sam Raimi, it'll introduce the Miss America character (América Chávez), and will cross over with Wandavision and the new Spider-Man film).
- Thor 4 (Thor Love and Thunder), for May 2022. Directed again by Taika Waititi, with the return of Natalie Portman, back in the role of Jane Foster and Christian Bale as the film's villain, Gorr the God Butcher. It'll also feature the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Black Panther 2, opening in July 2022. It was announced that Chadwick Boseman's role won't be recasted.
- Spider Man: Into the Spider-verse 2, for October 2022.
- Captain Marvel 2, slated for November 2022. It will crossover with Wandavision and Miss Marvel.
- Blade, starring Mahershala Ali.
- Ant Man 3 (Ant Man & The Wasp: Quantumania).
- A new Fantastic Four movie.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, for 2023.

There will also be a Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, announced for 2022, to be written and directed by James Gunn, as well as I Am Groot, a series of shorts starring Baby Groot.

Disney+ series

- Wandavision, to begin in January 2021.
- The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, which will start in March 2021.
- Loki, to begin streaming in May 2021.
- What if? Animated series about the one-shot speculative comics.
- Miss Marvel (Kamala Khan), to begin in late 2021.
- Hawkeye, also for late 2021.
- She-Hulk, for 2022.
- Moon Knight, for 2022 as well.
- Secret Invasion, with no date at the moment. It'll star Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, and will be based in the relatively recent comic book crossover storilyne dealing with Earth's invasion by the Skrulls.
- Ironheart, introducing the Iron Man related character of Riri Williams, teenage prodigy.
- Armor Wars, starring Don Cheadle as War Machine.

Eddie Teach

No danger of them leaving money on the table.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 11, 2020, 12:31:42 AM
They might have missed one or two super-heroes here&there, soon to be rectified, no doubt :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on December 10, 2020, 09:23:04 PM
A remake of Shogun, why? The original was a classic.
I still want to see it.  I really liked the original, and the translation of the book too.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

I don't think I ever expected to hear about a TV series for Willow or Turner & Hooch.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

The Alien show is made by Noah Hawley  :w00t:

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: viper37 on December 11, 2020, 02:01:24 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 11, 2020, 12:31:42 AM
They might have missed one or two super-heroes here&there, soon to be rectified, no doubt :P
They haven't even brought the X-Men back yet...  :ph34r:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Which genre will the Alien series be?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2020, 07:52:06 PM
a remake film of Three Men and a Baby

a remake of a remake? Creativity where art thou?  :lol: