And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

I started watching Season 4 of The Crown.

Gillian Anderson is indeed amazing as Maggie, like all the critics are saying.  I think reviews have been mixed regarding the actress playing Dianer, but she seems good to me so far.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

I think the actress playing Diana is really good - she absolutely nails it in my opinion.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

I find Thatcher a bit over exaggerated myself, like a parody of Thatcher.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

WB announced that in 2021 all their movies will launch in theaters and on HBO Max at the same time.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

mongers

The 'Operation Odessa' documentary film on Netflix is worth a viewing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

The Reagans is a doc worth watching. As someone who had his foramative years in the 80s, I'm realizing now that Reagan is probably the reason I tend to swing a bit to the left.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on December 04, 2020, 07:34:09 AM
The Reagans is a doc worth watching. As someone who had his foramative years in the 80s, I'm realizing now that Reagan is probably the reason I tend to swing a bit to the left.

Growing up in the 80s (maybe not Reagan specifically) is almost certainly part of the reason I swing right.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on December 04, 2020, 11:10:17 AM

Growing up in the 80s (maybe not Reagan specifically) is almost certainly part of the reason I swing right.

Please, please guys enough about your tailoring requirements.  :rolleyes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on December 04, 2020, 11:38:09 AM
Quote from: Barrister on December 04, 2020, 11:10:17 AM

Please, please guys enough about your tailoring requirements.  :rolleyes:

But surely you want to know about my golf swing? :huh:

Incidentally... does anyone think it's odd that I shoot hockey left, but swing right in golf?  My son (who is right handed, as am I) both shoots left and swings left, which to me feels odd...

Liep

The Undoing. Don't bother.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

The Brain

There's a two episode mini Euphoria season (first episode streaming now on HBO). Just a heads-up, and if you haven't seen Euphoria yet it's an excellent series and I recommend it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

So on the weekend Mrs B rented out a movie theatre for a couple hours.  It cost $125 and we had our family and 3 other families, which allowed tons of social distancing inside the big theatre.  We watched a private screening of Elf (not my favourite Christmas movie, but the kids liked it).

It was definitely fun to be able to go out to see a movie, but man they must be hurting if that's what they're resorting to.