And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 10, 2019, 01:59:39 AM
One of my bartenders at the Regal Beagle strongly pushed Ozark on Netflix and 15 minutes I'm really digging it.

Good show
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Directed by Jason Bateman!  Very impressive J.

Berkut

I am halfwar through season 2, and I think The Expanse might be the best TV I've ever watched.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Threviel

I think I watched 3 seasons of the Expanse and it is a damn good show. Waiting for next season. Very much an underrated  show.

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2019, 11:51:57 AM
I am halfwar through season 2, and I think The Expanse might be the best TV I've ever watched.

Is it better than the books? I've only read the first and I found it a bit meh.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on August 10, 2019, 11:57:02 AM

I thought the books were fairly good through the fifth book, but then got silly.   The show is well-done but much too dark for me (darker than the books, which are plenty dark).  I got maybe half-way through the second season before deciding that I really wanted the human species it depicted to be exterminated and stopped.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on August 10, 2019, 12:13:49 PM

I thought the books were fairly good through the fifth book, but then got silly.   The show is well-done but much too dark for me (darker than the books, which are plenty dark).  I got maybe half-way through the second season before deciding that I really wanted the human species it depicted to be exterminated and stopped.

:hmm: That may be too realistic for me. I like escapism.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on August 10, 2019, 12:21:58 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 10, 2019, 12:13:49 PM

:hmm: That may be too realistic for me. I like escapism.

This is why I liked The Road Warrior.  :)

Josephus

One of my bartenders at the Regal Beagle strongly pushed Ozark on Netflix and 15 minutes I'm really digging it.
Yeah, I'm midway through season two. It's pretty good
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Another recco I got that piques my interest is Mindhunter.

Anyone want to chime in?

Eddie Teach

Pretty interesting, more cerebral than action-oriented.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I finished Another Life.
And.
It seems they're really pushing hard for permission to make a series 2 where they promise to be Star Control: The Series crossed with a teen drama.
I just love that the main cast in this, playing their actual age, can likely be usually found playing high school students...which they're still acting like.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 11, 2019, 01:02:02 AM
Another recco I got that piques my interest is Mindhunter.

Anyone want to chime in?
i liked it a lot, second season comes out next friday
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Iormlund

Binged The Boys, and I'm now two episodes into Good Omens. Quite enjoyable so far.