News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Zack Snyder is going to make a new adaptation of The Fountainhead. Our sins must be very great for us to be inflicted this punishment.

garbon

Why? Ayn Rand movies are easy enough to ignore, no?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on May 30, 2018, 08:47:15 AM
To me the excitment has gone out of Star Wars movies. Used to be there were years, sometimes decades, between Star Wars releases. Now, it's like less than a year since the Last Jedi and this Han Solo one.

Also, that I'm turning 52 may have something to do with it.

I think this is happening to me too. I am kind of tired of Star Wars now. The prequels were horrible and the Disney ones don't elicit any excitement from me anymore. I have Star Wars fatigue I guess.

I honestly would just prefer they make movies set in the SW universe but have stories and characters almost completely separate from any of the events and characters we already know about. Make something new that doesn't lean on fan service or rehashed stories.

Oddly enough, even though there are like 1 or 2 Marvel movies every year now, I'm not tired of those at all. I think it's because they're (mostly) really good movies in their own right. 
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2018, 04:30:55 AM
Why? Ayn Rand movies are easy enough to ignore, no?

Not when they have Gary Cooper. Super duper.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

frunk

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 31, 2018, 07:33:49 AM
I think this is happening to me too. I am kind of tired of Star Wars now. The prequels were horrible and the Disney ones don't elicit any excitement from me anymore. I have Star Wars fatigue I guess.

I honestly would just prefer they make movies set in the SW universe but have stories and characters almost completely separate from any of the events and characters we already know about. Make something new that doesn't lean on fan service or rehashed stories.

Oddly enough, even though there are like 1 or 2 Marvel movies every year now, I'm not tired of those at all. I think it's because they're (mostly) really good movies in their own right.

I blame JJ Abrams.  He's excellent at making movies that you might enjoy at the time, but get more irritating on reflection/rewatch.  They don't have any staying power and genuinely inspire movie fatigue.  The fact that he's helming IX doesn't bode well for the future of Star Wars.

Berkut

It seems like the real talent in making film these days is mostly in "TV" shows.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

celedhring

Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2018, 10:19:43 AM
It seems like the real talent in making film these days is mostly in "TV" shows.

There's the Weiss/Benioff Star Wars show to look for, but I hope it's better than the last seasons of GoT. The fact that GoT began sucking as soon as they ran out of published material doesn't make me too optimistic though.

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on May 31, 2018, 10:28:29 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 31, 2018, 10:19:43 AM

The fact that GoT began sucking as soon as they ran out of published material doesn't make me too optimistic though.

:yes:

Admiral Yi

Minor shit storm going on about Samantha Bee calling Ivanka a feckless cunt.

derspiess

She was channeling grabon, all triggered and whatnot by a terrible, offensive pic of Ivanka and her son.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Samantha Bee is a shrill bitch, but occasionally funny.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

citizen k

garbon

Also, calling a feckless cunt, a feckless cunt, is hardly vile and inexcusable. Why do we have to act like a trash family with no qualifications but money deserves respect?