News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Rian Johnson's the director. Unless Disney had him locked up somewhere with no ability to guide the storyline, we're not getting a rehash.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

You're getting a rehash. If there's one thing Disney doesn't do, it's take creative chances.  When's the last time Disney's done that?  The Black Hole?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Just watched the trailer.  There's a bit of a swerve at the end, but I suspect it's probably not some huge plot spoiler.  But yeah - if you're cautious, stay away.

That being said - I can't fucking wait.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on October 09, 2017, 10:35:01 PM
Rian Johnson's the director. Unless Disney had him locked up somewhere with no ability to guide the storyline, we're not getting a rehash.

[spoiler]I must say there's tons of hints of exact rehash in the trailer :([/spoiler]

Berkut

Watched Get Out tonight. Not too bad - nicely creepy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 09, 2017, 10:42:48 PM
You're getting a rehash. If there's one thing Disney doesn't do, it's take creative chances.  When's the last time Disney's done that?  The Black Hole?

Probably.  That or Dragonslayer or maybe The Black Cauldron.

celedhring

Rian Johnson is very talented, but I'm not holding my hopes up that he's been given much control here. Disney Star Wars flicks are all about corporate control. There's been what, 3 directors replaced already for creative differences? That said, Rogue One took some gambles for a big Hollywood blockbuster. Like [spoiler]killing off every main character, which precludes any kind of sequel[/spoiler]

Eddie Teach

garbon

Quote from: HVC on October 09, 2017, 07:01:11 PM
Animal torture* and rainn Wilson, they might be going off the tracks?

* did they nipple clamp the tardigrade? :unsure:

Yeah, I didn't understand why we got so many poignant looks from her at it clearly be tortured if she was never going to say anything.

Also, [spoiler]did I miss something on why they agreed to put it in the machine? I know they desperately wanted to save those colonists but aren't they now just repeating the exact mistakes that lead to the bizarre deaths of their sister ship?[/spoiler] :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Star Wars tickets booked, 16th of December.  :cool:

Eddie Teach

Are you going to the theater dressed like a storm trooper?

Tamas

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 10, 2017, 06:16:01 AM
Are you going to the theater dressed like a storm trooper?

I'll be dressed as Jar Jar.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 09, 2017, 10:42:48 PM

Depends - Disney TV takes major chances. Look at shows like Gravity Falls or Star vs. the Forces of Evil.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius