And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 10:07:49 PM
Here's a movie review for ya, Ide:

New version of Total Recall sucks Total Balls.

Already wasted minutes of my life on the new Red Dawn...no thanks.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 10:07:49 PM
Here's a movie review for ya, Ide:

New version of Total Recall sucks Total Balls.

Holy fucking moly, does it ever.  I think Prometheus made me angrier, but Total Recall was by far the biggest drag I had in a theatre in 2012.  Prometheus was concentrated stupidity, which can at least be entertaining; Total Recall is distilled dullness, and it is pretty much the opposite of entertaining.  In fairness, I told you not to watch it six months ago.  If you listened to me, you'd have spared yourself some serious pain.  But I never listen to you either. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on April 07, 2013, 10:30:34 PM
In fairness, I told you not to watch it six months ago.  If you listened to me, you'd have spared yourself some serious pain.  But I never listen to you either. :P

Meh, I have it on while I'm playing World of Tanks.  It's pretty much background noise.

I'm deciding on whether or not to download the 8 episodes of Season 5 of Breaking Bad, since I missed it when it was on, what with catching up to Season 4 while it was broadcast.

Neil

Total Recall was an abomination of filmmaking, but had two of the best female asses in showbusiness.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 07, 2013, 08:03:21 PM
I like full screen movies.

Between this and Tofu you are dead to me.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: mongers on April 07, 2013, 08:22:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 08:20:11 PM
I find this newfangled approach to shooting films with HD cameras very annoying.

Katmia, will now stalk you from thread to thread, glaring.
Good to know as Katmai doesn't give a fuck
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2013, 10:47:42 PM
In fairness, I told you not to watch it six months ago.  If you listened to me, you'd have spared yourself some serious pain.  But I never listen to you either. :P

Meh, I have it on while I'm playing World of Tanks.  It's pretty much background noise.

I'm deciding on whether or not to download the 8 episodes of Season 5 of Breaking Bad, since I missed it when it was on, what with catching up to Season 4 while it was broadcast.

If so, please do review.  I've considered buying them, but I kinda want to wait it out as 1)I don't know where they could go after that bravura fucking ending to S4 and 2)trying to save up for the $30,000 house fahdiz said I had to buy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on April 07, 2013, 10:55:32 PM
If so, please do review.  I've considered buying them, but I kinda want to wait it out as 1)I don't know where they could go after that bravura fucking ending to S4 and 2)trying to save up for the $30,000 house fahdiz said I had to buy.

That was a pretty goddamned badass ending, but I can see where the DEA is going to be a real problem now.

I will miss Gus dearly.  What a fucking dude.  But at least Mike comes back from Mexico.

Ideologue

Agreed.  Wonderful effects work too.

But that may be spoilery.  Just saying. :secret:
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

It's the only thing I have until Walking Dead returns in October.  I can't wait until June, so I'll probably DL them this week.

Gups

Can't you stream it off Netflix?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Gups on April 08, 2013, 07:28:11 AM
Can't you stream it off Netflix?

Season 5's not on Netflix streaming yet, just 1-4.

Gups

There's no Gus but there's a lot more Mike.

A bit more cartoonish then the earlier series. There's a couple of great caper episodes.  All in all it remains the best thing on TV.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Gups on April 08, 2013, 07:31:05 AM

There's no Gus but there's a lot more Mike.

A bit more cartoonish then the earlier series. There's a couple of great caper episodes.  All in all it remains the best thing on TV.

Season?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.