News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Good grief the new series of Doctor Who is pretty dire, couldn't even be arsed to watch it on 'fast forward'.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Motherfucker seedy, if you ever touch my posts again, I'll, I'll well your yard won't ever get mowed again!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on September 15, 2012, 05:53:22 PM
Motherfucker seedy, if you ever touch my posts again, I'll, I'll well your yard won't ever get mowed again!

Hey, blame vM for picking a forum format that has the Modify button right next to the Quote button.  :P

Admiral Yi

Saw most of "Invasion" last night.  Remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (is that like six remakes now?).

Not a great movie.  Too many pointless extended chase scenes.  Still, Nicole Kidman is one amazing piece of ass.

Grey Fox

Any of you guys watched Suit Up on Yahoo! Screen? It's interesting to say the least.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

ALiens kicked all kinds of ass.

Saw The latest Muppets.  Depressing as it was some of those tunes can really get stuck in your head.
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: katmai on September 15, 2012, 05:53:22 PM

I may have mowed his yard once. Don't hate!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: mongers on September 15, 2012, 05:45:35 PM
Good grief the new series of Doctor Who is pretty dire, couldn't even be arsed to watch it on 'fast forward'.

Does he still have the hot redhead companion?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

IMO, so far it's the best season since it was brought back. 

mongers

Quote from: Syt on September 15, 2012, 10:34:08 PM

Does he still have the hot redhead companion?

Yes, but I think here character has gotten too big for her boots.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

Finally finished the last season of Dexter. As advertised, it was crappy. [spoiler]Especially Deb lusting after Dex. Ugh. That's was awful and fucks up their entire relationship through the previous five seasons.[/spoiler] Not even the ending could redeem it. 
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ideologue

Quote from: Kleves on September 14, 2012, 07:58:59 AM
Hey Ide, new American Godzilla movie coming out in 2014. Can't be worse than the last one, right?

You know, I never saw the American Godzilla?  You'd think I would've, but I never did.  I bet it's not as bad as people make out.

I'm actually pretty optimistic for the new one.  I wonder what the budget is?  While the 99 effort seems to have been wrongheaded, the idea of a multi-hundred-million-dollar Godzilla film is not, in itself, a bad one.

Though if I were doing it, I'd start straight out the gate with a kaiju-versus-kaiju-and-aliens movie.  Fuck remaking Gojira, that's for squares that think monster movies are supposed to be about something.

The Fog (1980).  John Carpenter's basically alright ghost movie about a sleepy fishing harbor and the lepers or pirates or pirate lepers who were misdirected into a fog by this priest , died within the fog, and subsequently became the fog, returning a century hence to exact revenge on the present-day people of the city who have basically nothing to do with the people who killed them, instead of coming back, I dunno, the next day when their revenge kick would make a lot more sense.  Also not making sense is the unaccountably popular radio station operated by female lead Andrienne Barbeau, which is listened to by all the characters in the film despite playing music that was made, at best, in the late 1940s, instead of, say, Zeppelin.  Jamie Lee Curtis also stars as a total slut.  C+

Prince of Darkness (1987).  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  I LIVE! I LIVE! I LIVE!  A

Clue (1985).  My girlfriend probably thinks I'm some kind of mental because the scene where they draw matchsticks to determine who splits up with whom made me laugh for like five minutes straight.  The gambit using different endings employed in the theatrical release is one of the most unique filmmaking techniques ever devised, and while obviously I was not really around to enjoy that delightful confusion, I have scored accordingly (it's the +).  Clue: the best movie of its genre. A+
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on September 16, 2012, 12:41:20 AM
  My girlfriend probably thinks I'm some kind of mental

You mean she's onto you?  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Christopher Lloyd is fucking hilarious in that part, man.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)