News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Anybody seen the new Sons of Anarchy episode? It really starts strong the new season.

Viking

Quote from: Kleves on September 13, 2012, 09:33:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 13, 2012, 07:18:46 PM
Jared Harris as US Grant?  I approve.
Rob Lowe will be playing Grant in this upcoming miniseries. Some CSI guy will play Sherman.  :glare:

I predict: Steve Lang will steal the show, as he always does.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

The new PT Anderson film coming out, The Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALMMIoxTzY&feature=relmfu

"Loosely" based on Scientology.  Loosely.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Kleves on September 13, 2012, 09:33:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 13, 2012, 07:18:46 PM
Jared Harris as US Grant?  I approve.
Rob Lowe will be playing Grant in this upcoming miniseries. Some CSI guy will play Sherman.  :glare:
Will he be a werewolf or a lovelorn vampire?
PDH!

Kleves

Hey Ide, new American Godzilla movie coming out in 2014. Can't be worse than the last one, right?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Gups

Dredd 3D delivers. Everything that the Stallone abortion wasn't.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Gups on September 14, 2012, 08:27:00 AM
Dredd 3D delivers. Everything that the Stallone abortion wasn't.

The buzz about this is good.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Octavian

Quote from: The Larch on September 14, 2012, 03:57:40 AM
Anybody seen the new Sons of Anarchy episode? It really starts strong the new season.

Nope not yet. Just finished season 3.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on September 14, 2012, 03:57:40 AM

I have. I hope Triggy goes on a rampage & kills everyone. Probably a lot of black dudes & Clay.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Watched good ol' Aliens blu ray last night.

Hadn't watched the movie in a year or two, so it was good to see it again. For a 25 year old special effects movie it holds extremely well. The military tech still looks plausible for the most part, and then "futuristic" stuff like helmet cameras or remote controlled weapon platforms have become pretty standard by now

The pacing (director's cut) is near perfect without a boring bit and the action is excellent and compelling.

It's easiest one of the best action flicks ever made.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Syt on September 15, 2012, 07:54:30 AM
Watched good ol' Aliens blu ray last night.

Hadn't watched the movie in a year or two, so it was good to see it again. For a 25 year old special effects movie it holds extremely well. The military tech still looks plausible for the most part, and then "futuristic" stuff like helmet cameras or remote controlled weapon platforms have become pretty standard by now

The pacing (director's cut) is near perfect without a boring bit and the action is excellent and compelling.

It's easiest one of the best action flicks ever made.

Aliens is the only movie to give me nightmares. It scared the living shit out of me. I freaked out about facehuggers for a full decade after the movie.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

I watched Aliens at a friends' when I was 11 or 12. I was shaken, but ok.

The only movie that really scared the shit out of me was Poltergeist when I caught bits of it on late night tv when I was around 10 or so.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I found Alien to be creepier than Aliens.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.