News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on May 17, 2023, 12:18:59 PMThey're making a five nights at Freddy's movie? Is the tank really that low?

Honestly I think it looks pretty decent. For a horror film certainly.
The game has never appealed to me for a bunch of reasons but I do remember  being quite fasincated by it nonetheless. It's a nice horror idea.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Wasn't there a low budget Nic Cage flick a few years ago that was basically using the FNAF premise?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on May 17, 2023, 05:48:13 AMHe was never particularly evil, was he? Just a smarmy womanizer. Which he still is, trying to get nate to cheat.

He kind of finished off as evil last season; throwing Lasso under the bus and joining the dark side of the force.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Syt on May 17, 2023, 01:53:32 PMWasn't there a low budget Nic Cage flick a few years ago that was basically using the FNAF premise?
Yeah. Which I hear is great fun, in a batshit crazy Nick Cage movie kind of way.
PDH!

Josephus

Ted Lasso.  Watched the last episode. Did I miss something? Why is Nate not with the team ? Why is he so depressed?

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on May 17, 2023, 01:53:32 PMWasn't there a low budget Nic Cage flick a few years ago that was basically using the FNAF premise?

Yeah, Willy's Wonderland. Not the worst Cage movie but certainly not good.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Watching Inventing Anna, about Anna Delvey aka Anna Sorokin, about the fake German heiress who swindled NY.  I feel trashy about watching it and in the grander scheme it's a meaningless story but it is holding my attention.

Savonarola

Labyrinth (1986)

Released between the non-threatening boy stars of the 1970s (Donny Osmond, Michael Jackson, Shaun Cassidy) and the non-threatening boy bands of the late 80s (New Kids on the Block, Boyz II Men) this was an odd time in which it was considered healthy for an adolescent girl to fantasize about a sex gargoyle.

:P

David Bowie certainly fit the bill complete with leather, ballet tights, codpiece and a shock wig.  (I remember seeing this movie in the theaters when it was first released and my mother thought the goblin king was really strange.)  A young Jennifer Connelly does a good job conveying the growth and maturity of the character as she goes on her heroine's quest.  The puppetry was as great as always, and still holds up well.  The film's biggest weakness is that the story wanders quite a bit; most likely from too many scriptwriters and too many revisions of Terry Jones's original script (in "The Making Of" documentary they had to bring Jones back in to put jokes back since they had been taken out in the many rewrites.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Darth Wagtaros

Just finished up The Electric Mayhem. I enjoyed it.  Not as good as the Muppet series from about 10 years ago, but it was fun.  The theme song is catchy.
PDH!

FunkMonk

There is only one episode left of Succession and my only ambition in life this week is to remain alive long enough to watch the series finale on Sunday.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

Late to the party about military tv shows, but I've watched Generation Kill 3 times now. It's very good.

Razgovory

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 22, 2023, 12:47:17 PMThere is only one episode left of Succession and my only ambition in life this week is to remain alive long enough to watch the series finale on Sunday.
Spoiler:  Bran Stark gets it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 22, 2023, 12:47:17 PMThere is only one episode left of Succession and my only ambition in life this week is to remain alive long enough to watch the series finale on Sunday.

I thought Roman's emotional collapse was out of character?
Civis Romanus Sum

Tamas