News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

For the MST3K lovers out there the Gizmoplex has all the classic episodes for free.  It's also where you can get the latest season that is being released now, for various paid plans.

celedhring

Outer Range - ranchers and scifi. I should like this show but for some reason I don't. I will give it a couple more eps, though.

Duque de Bragança

Top Gun: Maverick

Well, it's no rape of childhood à la Episode I. :) Some willing temporary suspension of disbelief is also required. :D
The "San Francisco audience" will also feel shortchanged since there is no beach volley-ball scene, nor double entendres.  :P

CGI was used, obviously, but not to an obnoxious point.
Less humor than in the first movie, be it of the intended or unintended type.  :P

Still, a spectacular movie to watch on the biggest screen possible.
Unless one really hated the 1986 movie, it's good enough for a screening but won't be as influential  nor as fun/funny as the first one, obviously.

Josquius

I struggle to remember much about top gun other than the most spoofed scenes but I'm sure I've seen it 🤔
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

They making a new Hot Shots movie too?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

I saw the first two episodes of how I met your father.
It's... Weird.
Some of the writing seems decent. Some genuinely funny lines in there.
But the whole thing is just so... Artificial. It's like the actors are complete amateurs on the stage. And the laugh track is so very outmoded.
Yes. Good it ain't.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/christopher-walken-dune-two-1235144841/

QuoteThe emperor of the universe has been found.

Christopher Walken has nabbed the plum role of Emperor Shaddam IV in Dune: Part Two, the all-star continuation to Denis Villeneuve's Oscar-winning adaptation of the Frank Herbert science fiction classic

oh my god  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Oh man, that's fantastic news. Pity in a desert there's just so much scenery to chew  :lol:

Josquius

I'd like to imagine him just being totally straight as himself in the role. And it's beautiful.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on May 29, 2022, 04:51:25 AMOh man, that's fantastic news. Pity in a desert there's just so much scenery to chew  :lol:

He'll chew the sand if necessary.  :lol:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Finished the first batch of Stranger Things 4. Best season yet I think.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Watched OLD, one of the latest films by that Sixth Sense guys.

I'm convinced Sixth Sense was a fluke.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

I think it's more along the line that The Sixth Sense success caged him into that, well, cage as a writer.

It would be interesting to see him direct something he hasn't written.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

He trapped himself in loving a twist.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.