TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Oooh, I missed that:

https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-star-catalog-r-rated-tvma/

QuoteDuring The Walt Disney Company's Disney Investor Day 2020, it was revealed that beginning Feb. 23, the Star catalog will allow Disney+ users in international markets to access mature content like Family Guy, Logan, Helstrom, The Kingsman and more. "Launching soon are Star and Star+, general entertainment content brands outside of the U.S. that will build on the success of #DisneyPlus internationally and Disney+ Hotstar in India and Indonesia," the company tweeted.

[...]

"In Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and several other markets, Star will be fully integrated into Disney+ and will be accessible as the sixth brand tile in the app," Disney continued. "In select international markets, Star will add a huge collection to [Disney+], including hit series from Disney Television Studios and FX, blockbuster films and library content from the Disney and [Fox] libraries, and exclusive local original content."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

I would hardly call Family Guy "mature" content.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 23, 2020, 02:13:20 AM
I would hardly call Family Guy "mature" content.  :D

Compared to what's currently for the most part on Disney+? If it wasn't for the Star Wars content, I would have canceled already. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Hope they aren't too stingy with the Fox library.

Eddie Teach

The Midnight Sky. Depressing and it doesn't make much sense. Good performances by Clooney and the little girl though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

well one tiny factoid I picked up from People v OJ is that the current mayor of LA is the son of the then-DA.

I'd also never heard the Furhman tapes before.

Admiral Yi

Huh.  Also that the OJ DNA guy founded the Innocence Project.  Now that's ironic.

Josquius

Lately I've discovered taskmaster.
Very funny show, quite a different spin on the comedy panel show format.
Basically 5 comedians are set random challenges like make a Swedish man blush, empty a bath without pulling out the plug, etc... And their failures and cheating makes it good.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 23, 2020, 03:53:29 PM
The Midnight Sky. Depressing and it doesn't make much sense. Good performances by Clooney and the little girl though.

Just watched this, quite good right up until the final resolution, which resorts to some nonsense emotional gestures. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Underwater. Twilight works at a deep sea mining station, but the crew is under enormous pressure. Not great, not horrible. [spoiler]Not bringing anything new to the genre.[/spoiler] Some things could have been better with a bigger budget I guess, there's little in the way of scenery. [spoiler]There is no showing of the station in normal operation (budget constraint or artistic decision...?), it's straight into the action.[/spoiler] Grimly determined mechanic Twilight with short hair is hot af, huge plus for the movie.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Quote from: The Brain on December 25, 2020, 05:22:05 PM
Underwater. Twilight works at a deep sea mining station, but the crew is under enormous pressure. Not great, not horrible. [spoiler]Not bringing anything new to the genre.[/spoiler] Some things could have been better with a bigger budget I guess, there's little in the way of scenery. [spoiler]There is no showing of the station in normal operation (budget constraint or artistic decision...?), it's straight into the action.[/spoiler] Grimly determined mechanic Twilight with short hair is hot af, huge plus for the movie.

I saw that movie and feel about the same. Not great, but ok. They could or should have done more to make it a more dramatic story, more of a sci-fi thriller like Sigourney Weaver and crew in Alien.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Finished The Good Place. Loved it, and a satisfying conclusion. It reminded me a bit of Gaiman/Pratchett's Good Omens in that it tackled an existential topic and approached it with a lot of whimsy. :)

I was wondering why the actress of Vicky seemed so familiar, so I looked her up. She voiced Sabine Wren on Star Wars Rebels, so her voice was very familiar.
—Stephen Jay Gould