News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2019, 04:22:55 PM
Wot's this now?  Camilla Parker-Bowles was the wife of the dude Charles' sister was banging??  :huh:

And this matters why exactly?  I am not sure who this dude is and why it matters if she was married to him at some point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on November 19, 2019, 04:18:08 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2019, 09:35:32 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2019, 09:01:30 AM
the Fry and Laurie show.

:wub:

There were these sketches of these MI5 agents concerning Soviet Spies and I never really got what was going on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2019, 04:35:10 PM
And this matters why exactly?  I am not sure who this dude is and why it matters if she was married to him at some point.

I find it weird that brother and sister dated/humped ex-spouses.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2019, 04:42:59 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2019, 04:35:10 PM

I find it weird that brother and sister dated/humped ex-spouses.

Well maybe that was how they met? One sibling wanted the other to meet the ex-spouse they were humping and the other ex-spouse just happened to be there and one thing led to another.

Sheilbh

British establishment for you :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Aberfan episode was well done, given the subject. Remember my dad and other older relatives talking about it after Dunblane as it was the nearest comparison to how everyone felt.

Lovely touch that they got the actual Aberfan male voice choir to sing the hymn.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

All the episodes in this season have been good so far.  But I am still kinda miffed about the artistic license taken with Mountbatten's coup involvement.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2019, 04:39:19 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 19, 2019, 04:18:08 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 19, 2019, 09:35:32 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2019, 09:01:30 AM
the Fry and Laurie show.

There were these sketches of these MI5 agents concerning Soviet Spies and I never really got what was going on.

Loved those. My favorite was a guy walking into a shop and accidentally triggering a soviet sleeper cell by saying "good morning".

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2019, 05:36:15 PM
All the episodes in this season have been good so far.  But I am still kinda miffed about the artistic license taken with Mountbatten's coup involvement.
On the other hand the Prince Philip group therapy seemed quite plausible :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 21, 2016, 01:23:45 AM
Anyone catch Letterkenny yet?  It's a CraveTV original.  I saw the first episode and found it entertaining.  I'll probably try to track down the rest.

Just caught this for the first time this weekend. I died. :lol:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

Okay. I've loved the portrayal of Wilson and I was a Wilson fan before it was cool. Also very effective version of Heath. Still not forgiven them over MacMillan.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 20, 2019, 03:26:51 PM
Still not forgiven them over MacMillan.

You talking about MacMillan per se or the "redirect the shit towards the queen" stuff by his goons re Aberfan?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 20, 2019, 03:31:01 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 20, 2019, 03:26:51 PM
Still not forgiven them over MacMillan.

You talking about MacMillan per se or the "redirect the shit towards the queen" stuff by his goons re Aberfan?
That's Wilson! Who was a very good Prime Minister.

MacMillan was played by Anton Lesser (:wub:) in Season 2. They just portrayed him as a doddering old man who rather disappointed everyone. Which is very unfair. Especially because part of MacMillan's genius was to play a doddering old man (he lived well into the 80s) so everyone underestimated him.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

The guy with the speech about numbers not lying was Wilson?  Hmmm.  My bad.