News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 19, 2019, 09:10:45 AM
Interesting list. What shows has she introduced you to?

The Office (US version)
Parks and Recreation
The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel
Frankie and Grace
The Americans
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Zoupa

Quote from: AnchorClanker on January 19, 2019, 09:23:27 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 19, 2019, 09:10:45 AM
Interesting list. What shows has she introduced you to?

The Office (US version)
Parks and Recreation
The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel
Frankie and Grace
The Americans

I like your wife's tastes. Is she single?  :P

Welcome back l'ami.

celedhring

Started watched Titans. It's fun, better than I expected actually.

I used to read New Titans comics when I was a kid, so it's a bit of a nostalgia trip - never cared much for the cartoons.

KRonn

I saw the first episode of the new SyFi channel show "Deadly Class", based on a similar comic book series. It seems a very dark story line, focusing on killing, but I'll watch another episode or two before deciding whether I want to continue.

"Project Blue Book" TV show started, and I'm liking that. Based ont the US Air Force project book written by Dr Hynek. Story focuses on Dr Hynek's investigations as he assists the Air Force. Air Force brass is mostly looking to dispel any UFO stories, but it showed the Air Force likely hiding something.

"Roswell New Mexico" also just started, based on the 1947 events and a fictional aftermath. Just saw the first episode so far, and it's like a story centered around a few humans with certain powers and abilities.

Josephus

Anyone watch My Brilliant Friend on HBO? An Italian series, a coming of age of two girls in a village outside Napoli in the 50s. Quite good.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Rewatched All The Money in the World last night, about the Getty kidnapping.  Improved on the second viewing. 

viper37

Quote from: KRonn on January 20, 2019, 09:25:12 AM
"Roswell New Mexico" also just started, based on the 1947 events and a fictional aftermath. Just saw the first episode so far, and it's like a story centered around a few humans with certain powers and abilities.
isn't that a remake of a 90s show?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

Quote from: viper37 on January 21, 2019, 11:11:55 PM
Quote from: KRonn on January 20, 2019, 09:25:12 AM
isn't that a remake of a 90s show?
yes it is.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

What's the Languish take on Roma? Everyone raves about it...but I don't know, doesn't seem exciting.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Of course it has to be Matthew McConaughey.  :lol:

garbon

I'd hope at first this was a joke. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Trailer made it look like 90 minutes of McConaughey being stoned, which can get old pretty quick.  :lol:

Josephus

No one has anything to say about Roma?
Civis Romanus Sum

Habbaku

I hear the Coliseum is nice.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien