News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Maladict on January 23, 2018, 04:39:42 PM
Just saw Darkest Hour. Oldman is superb as has been noted by everyone alive, but so is King George (actor's name eludes me). Up there with Colin Firth imo.

After checking Wiki, it seems King George was played by Australian Ben Mendehlson, who you might remember as Krennic from Rogue One.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

He should center it on Ferengi gangsters rather than Starfleet. Been there, done that.

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 23, 2018, 05:40:57 PM
The screenwriter for The Revenant has joined Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek movie.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-screenwriter

Loved Di Caprio's dialogue in that movie.

Grallon

Binged all 3 seasons of Penny Dreadful.  Who would've thought XIXth century Gothic horror could be so f*ing cool!

Gods below but Eva Green is such a fantastic actress! :wub:  And Josh Hartnet - who would've thought! 

And Harry Treadaway *swoon* - now that's my type of boy!

That show was a roller-coaster of emotions.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Eddie Teach

That boy looks about 13.  :lol:

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on January 23, 2018, 06:48:52 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 23, 2018, 05:40:57 PM
The screenwriter for The Revenant has joined Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek movie.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-screenwriter

Loved Di Caprio's dialogue in that movie.

:D

I got the whole authenticity, production values and superb cinematography, but oddly the film left me feeling cold.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: The Larch on January 23, 2018, 05:52:05 PM
Quote from: Maladict on January 23, 2018, 04:39:42 PM
Just saw Darkest Hour. Oldman is superb as has been noted by everyone alive, but so is King George (actor's name eludes me). Up there with Colin Firth imo.

After checking Wiki, it seems King George was played by Australian Ben Mendehlson, who you might remember as Krennic from Rogue One.

No, in fact it looks like I've never seen any of his work before.
Bloodline sounds like it might be worth watching.

Admiral Yi

Why has Michael Cerra disappeared?

Eddie Teach

Probably outgrown his roles.

celedhring

He has a pretty large part in Molly's Game. But yeah, his days of playing weird but lovable teenagers are gone.

Liep

I'm sure he'll be back for Arrested Development season 5, I'm betting he can still pull off a clueless hipster.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk