News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

True. And the Wonder Woman superhero movie was way overdue.

I just thought an article acting like it was something revolutionary was a bit much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2017, 03:40:47 PM

I just thought an article acting like it was something revolutionary was a bit much.

Agreed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on June 20, 2017, 03:33:49 PM
What happened in the past few decades is the frequency with which a woman could be powerful without being evil/worthy of punishment.

I don't see the support for this claim.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2017, 03:40:47 PM

Hell, there may be a great argument to be made that the Wonder Woman movie *is* revolutionary. 

It is just that basing that argument on the appearance of Wonder Woman in the movie is very silly. Gal Gadot is very much "eye candy" in her role and the movie fully emphasizes this. Claiming she's not just defies reality.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

dps

Quote from: Barrister on June 20, 2017, 01:32:35 PM

That being said if you want a movie from the 80s with a powerful female lead you have to look at Ripley from Alien(s).

The first movie was actually from 1979.  And even before that, Pam Grier kicked a lot of ass in many of her films.  Granted, most of those films were either blackploitation or sexploitation flicks (or both), but she didn't need a man to rescue her in 'em.

CountDeMoney

Fantastic US Army training film, "Your Job in Germany" DONT LET IT FOOL YOU

You Germanic tribesmen should get a kick out of it, considering how similar this is to Trump's foreign policy.  Right around 4:00, it gets really snarky  :lol:

viper37

Quote from: garbon on June 20, 2017, 03:00:20 PM
*actually that's also roughly the lyric from a hit Katy Perry song
who?
oh, wait.  the girl who kissed another girl, liked it, and told us all about it?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on June 20, 2017, 09:37:09 PM
who?
oh, wait.  the girl who kissed another girl, liked it, and told us all about it?

Yes, her.

She's had quite a few megahits since then.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Stupid AMC, starting First Blood at 11pm on a school night.   :mad:  PTSD versus PD

Brian Dennehy and the rest of the Pacific Norfwest po-po getting curbstomped by Sly, lolz.  11Bravo was the one with the donuts at the door, wait-wait-mah-nose

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 20, 2017, 10:17:13 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 20, 2017, 09:37:09 PM
who?

Yes, her.

She's had quite a few megahits since then.
Not a metal singer, therefore unknown to me.  I don't even think I could recognize her on a picture.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

How's that cave of yours, viper? Comfy?  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on June 21, 2017, 08:49:57 AM

It's still covered with Lita Ford and Vixen posters.

viper37

Nah, not in a basement :)
I just don't pay attention to all that pop crap stuff, who fucks who, who sings what and all that.  Though having Yahoo.ca as my home page on my HTPC has made me an intimate of Kendall Jenner and Kim Kardashian's lives.

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2017, 08:58:14 AM

It's still covered with Lita Ford and Vixen posters.
Now you're talking!  :showoff: