News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on April 17, 2015, 04:36:19 PM
He did have a vision though; the prequels did tell a compelling story (Anakin's downfall), they just did it in a terribly incompetent manner. I wish he had stayed in a story capacity, but I understand he couldn't just be half-involved in it.

His worst sin was changing the force from something universal to something that is genetic.  If you listen carefully to the last bit of dialogue in the trailer it appears that they are going to fix that. 

Josephus

think I'm gonna watch the original trilogy again this weekend. :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on April 17, 2015, 05:54:17 PM
think I'm gonna watch the original trilogy again this weekend. :)

I've already begun.  :blush:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 17, 2015, 11:08:14 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 17, 2015, 10:47:09 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 17, 2015, 10:38:12 AM
Are they doing a trilogy...or just a one-off?

1 Star Wars movie every year.

It will alternate between a Skywalker saga movie & one set in the Star Wars Universe.

2016's movie is Bounty Hunter related.

:huh:

We don't know anything about it other than the title, Rogue One, but that makes it sound very X-Wing related.

Rumors, schrumors.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 17, 2015, 07:24:51 PM
Rumors, schrumors.

What's that you say, David Schwimmer plays a Sith Lord? :o
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 17, 2015, 06:19:00 AM
Batman vs. Superman trailer. Cell phone video, so not the best quality.

Looks like the fall out from the battle with Zod is going to be a big focus.

It also looks like they're framing Batman as the villain. I wonder if there will be an alternate trailer framing Superman as the villain?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=118811

HQ version

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/589197792662278144

Sounds like it's been a while since the Metropolis fight and he's been superheroing it up since.

Shot of him catching a falling satellite.

and later a woman says
"We've been so caught up with what he can do, that no one has asked what he should do."

And the statue, takes time inspire people to build it and have one like that built.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 17, 2015, 07:33:36 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 17, 2015, 07:24:51 PM
Rumors, schrumors.

What's that you say, David Schwimmer plays a Sith Lord? :o

what do you mean "plays"?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on April 16, 2015, 04:23:04 AM
Ide might like this; Matthew Vaughn in talks to direct a new Flash Gordon movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/matthew-vaughn-talks-direct-flash-788921

I'm conflicted.  On one hand, nothing can improve upon the 1980 film.  On the other, there are other, valid approaches to Flash Gordon, and Matthew Vaughn's superhero decadence could easily be one of them.  Plus, First Class showed he could tone it down into something fun and frothy when he chooses to do so.

Quote from: TimIt also looks like they're framing Batman as the villain. I wonder if there will be an alternate trailer framing Superman as the villain?

Why would there be?  The first way sounds accurate to me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2015, 07:43:52 PM
Ide might like this; Matthew Vaughn in talks to direct a new Flash Gordon movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/matthew-vaughn-talks-direct-flash-788921

I'm conflicted.  On one hand, nothing can improve upon the 1980 film.  On the other, there are other, valid approaches to Flash Gordon, and Matthew Vaughn's superhero decadence could easily be one of them.  Plus, First Class showed he could tone it down into something fun and frothy when he chooses to do so.

Quote from: TimIt also looks like they're framing Batman as the villain. I wonder if there will be an alternate trailer framing Superman as the villain?

Because it's a versus movie, and they want to pander to both fandoms to get them in the cinema?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Looks like ass.....

Ide will give it an A
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 17, 2015, 07:46:22 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 17, 2015, 07:43:52 PM

Because it's a versus movie, and they want to pander to both fandoms to get them in the cinema?

That's fair, but they need to pander to me, the person avoiding trailers till a few months ahead of time who also likes Superman infinity times as much as Batman. :P  I will say I'm looking forward to Affleck's take.  I hope he brings that balance of darkness and cartoonish bravado that's been lacking since Keaton passed the torch, but since this is a Nolan production I'm betting he won't be allowed to, even though he easily could.

Anyway, if it's like Man of Steel I'll adore certain aspects and despise others and wind up giving it a B+.

Now, Fury Road?  That's presumptively an A+.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Liep on April 16, 2015, 01:24:28 PM
I'll allow myself to be mildly excited about this.

https://youtu.be/JsC1XSroHwY

Also, compared to Han, apparently Chewie must be using Just For Men.  :P

jimmy olsen

Chewie was already 200 years old in the original trilogy. :nerd:

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point