TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Lea Thompson. :perv:

Too bad she let that duck fuck her. She's got incurable Bird Flu.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

Dunno, I was always rotting for Stolz to stick with Thompson in that flick, tomboys don't really do it for me. But Hollywood always has the guy ending up with the social outcast instead of the prom Queen.  <_<

CountDeMoney

Mary Stuart Masterson = Freak = Spank my ass when I cum

Lea Thompson = High Maintenance Princess = Ewww, don't cum on my back.  Gross.  Like, seriously.

Case: closed.

*bangs gavel*

Syt

Nothing wrong with freaky blonde chicks with tomboy hair.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

LOL, found a trailer for my favorite bail bonds movie of all time with my favorite mobbed-up actor, George Raft:

http://youtu.be/Zslp4hqmyHw

You guys that suck down flicks from the 40s should check it out, has some great lines.

Savonarola

Quote from: celedhring on July 04, 2014, 06:36:53 PM
- Bullitt. Slightly disappointed. The chase scene is great, but unlike TFC who grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go during all film, Bullitt only works in bursts here and there.

I love the 1968 Dodge Charger 440 Magnum that the bad guys drive in the film.  The moment that appears on the screen you know it's the bad guy car: 

I'd have my henchmen drive that if I were a super-villain.  It's even more villainous looking than a Jaguar.

The car chase scene lives up to its reputation.  The rest of the film, though, drags at points and the girlfriend character is annoying.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

Watched a bit of "Hillsborough" on 30 for 30, about the footie fans getting mushed against the fence in Sheffield.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 05, 2014, 10:10:29 AM
LOL, found a trailer for my favorite bail bonds movie of all time with my favorite mobbed-up actor, George Raft:

http://youtu.be/Zslp4hqmyHw

You guys that suck down flicks from the 40s should check it out, has some great lines.
That dame was swell.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Admiral Yi

Heading out to catch Edge of Tomorrow.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 05, 2014, 09:05:46 PM
Heading out to catch Edge of Tomorrow.

This movie rocks.  This movie is Yi's must see of 2014.

Syt gave it a 7.25 because he was afraid he was ahead of the curve and he didn't want to get strung up like Timmy whacking off to a Transformer movie.  This is a solid 9 movie; this movie will still be appreciated 12 years from now on cable reruns.

Whatsherface is still bugeyed and plain though.

katmai

So much wrong with this review.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

It's a pretty solid B+, no more.  Yi is also still a homosexual who likes homosex.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

It's at least an A-.  The suits rocked.  Bill Paxton has already been mentioned by several others. The CGI planes were state of the art. [spoiler]The shot in the head gag was beautiful, and they didn't milk it too long.  There was real pathos in the love relationship.  And even though everyone knows the plot hook going in, the way it's developed is totally effective.[/spoiler]  It's a solid movie that's going to stand the test of time.

Ideologue

All true--except for the relationship thing, which is a weakness--and I think it'll stand the test of time, too.  But that last act kind of blows.  It's not ruinous, but it does weaken the whole film.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Hey, Sav, what was that silent (or maybe just old?) movie with the robot wife that you watched?  For obvious reasons, it's not too easy to search for just with that info.
Kinemalogue