And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2014, 09:28:05 PM
I wish Johnny Depp would just go away.
Hot young wives don't come cheap apparently.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2014, 07:43:39 PM
The Ten Commandments.

Chuck Heston. Yul Brenner. Vincent Price.  :wub:

Yeah, saw that was coming on.  Watched that one.  Also has Edwin G. Robinson.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Quote from: Razgovory on April 19, 2014, 09:29:22 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2014, 07:43:39 PM
The Ten Commandments.

Chuck Heston. Yul Brenner. Vincent Price.  :wub:

Yeah, saw that was coming on.  Watched that one.  Also has Edwin G. Robinson.
The "Egyptian gangster" seemed really out of place for me as a kid, but I like him in the role now for whatever reason.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

I'm continuing to watch through ST:TNG, it really is lower quality than it is often given credit for. Just seen an episode called First Contact which is rather good though
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2014, 05:33:44 PM
Quo Vadis?

Only reason to watch is Peter Ustinov ham it up as Nero. Otherwise, boring. The dude that plays Marcus is a major stiff.

A for Peter Ustinov
C for the movie itself

yes, the movie is excellent thanks to Ustinov, otherwise, it's your run of the mill Romans are cruel&vile, Christians are all saints movie from the era :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on April 19, 2014, 10:36:49 PM
I'm continuing to watch through ST:TNG, it really is lower quality than it is often given credit for. Just seen an episode called First Contact which is rather good though
I tried watching some of the old eps, but ended up deleting most of them.  I was thinking of maybe buying Season 3-7 in the restored Blu Ray versions, but I'm waiting.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

dps

Quote from: celedhring on April 19, 2014, 07:58:11 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2014, 07:53:37 PM
Not sure I want to hear that, having just seen her in the final season of Dexter.  :lol:

I'm sure Zardoz was probably made 40 years ago or so though.

It's an 70s movie, she looks very hot in it. The film, however, is also batshit insane and famously features Sean Connery wearing revealing clothing you'll never be able to unsee.

"The gun is good, the penis is evil"

Zardoz has some truly original SF ideas in it, but apparantly John Boorman was heavily under the influence of various chemicals when he wrote and directed it.  Right from the start, when the giant floating head starts spewing out rifles, it's "WTF" all the way.

Eddie Teach

Caught the Fargo pilot. Good stuff.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Inspired by the Languish crowd, I went ahead and watched Pacific Rim.

Stupid movie, badly made, but even so, can't help liking it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on April 20, 2014, 12:17:22 AM
Inspired by the Languish crowd, I went ahead and watched Pacific Rim.

Stupid movie, badly made, but even so, can't helped liking it.

:bash:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 19, 2014, 07:53:05 PM
Good God what a cast :o :wub:

You've never seen The Ten Commandments?  :blink:

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Iormlund

Apparently Sean Bean is being cast as Caesar.  :lol:

Ideologue

Quote from: Iormlund on April 20, 2014, 12:37:28 PM
Apparently Sean Bean is being cast as Caesar.  :lol:

Seems against type. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)