News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on August 30, 2013, 09:15:39 PM

As for kid's films, I watched Hercules recently.  It would probably be my favorite Disney movie--if it had better music.  I like the core Michael Bolton ballad, as is my wont, but everything else is either forgettable or even kind of wretched.  I did enjoy Megara as the only Disney female lead who has definitively fucked. B+
I don't think I ever saw that one.

Does she just throw that out there as an aside or what?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Never understood the Ariel love.  Must be a redhead thing.

jimmy olsen

They killed most of the East Asians in World War III.  No, really.  Also you used the word "Augment," which means you're a NEERRRRRD.

I missed that movie, and didn't read Tyr's spoilers but what...? Weren't most of the Augment's Asians who took over Asia?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Belle
Ariel
Jasmine
Megara
Rapunzel
Aurora
Esmeralda
Snow White
Mulan
Tiana
Cinderella
Pocahontas

Ide is a sicko for including Nala.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 30, 2013, 09:35:37 PM
Ide is a sicko for including Nala.  :lol:

She's pert.  If you like pert.

Josquius

Oh, a ST observation I forgot:
An entire province of Kronos uninhabited? Does not compute.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

I was flipping channels, and Fincher's Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was on, one of the scenes in the magazine office;  I was like, wait a minute...is that Holder from The Killing?  I thought it might've been him before, but I thought I was just seeing things.

Looked him up in IMDB, and damned if it isn't him.   Joel Kinnaman's real name is Charles Joel Nordström.  He's a real fucking Swede.

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 30, 2013, 09:25:39 PM

As for kid's films, I watched Hercules recently.  It would probably be my favorite Disney movie--if it had better music.  I like the core Michael Bolton ballad, as is my wont, but everything else is either forgettable or even kind of wretched.  I did enjoy Megara as the only Disney female lead who has definitively fucked. B+
I don't think I ever saw that one.

Does she just throw that out there as an aside or what?

It's not actually explicit, since it's a Disney movie, but there is a backstory about being betrayed by a former lover, and she utters a line regarding men, something along the lines of "They think no means yes."  So, sure, there's a rape allusion, why not?

That, along with her demeanor in general, suggest she's both significantly older and more experienced than the other Disney women.  That's why she's at the top of my list; XP counts.

Also possibly because I'm still pining a little over a woman who sort of looked like her. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2013, 09:52:03 PM

Why not.  We've got plenty here on Earth.

Tonitrus

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2013, 09:56:01 PM
Quote from: Tyr on August 30, 2013, 09:52:03 PM

Why not.  We've got plenty here on Earth.
Like what?
Generally when you've a big empty area it's part of a province that does have some people. I can't think of any examples in countries I know about that are actually empty.

Though to think about it... the area did look like it had an abandoned city and the klingon moon seemed to have blown up (what happened there? I'm not so up on my ST lore) so maybe province is a historical designation.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2013, 09:54:43 PM
I was flipping channels, and Fincher's Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was on, one of the scenes in the magazine office;  I was like, wait a minute...is that Holder from The Killing?  I thought it might've been him before, but I thought I was just seeing things.

Looked him up in IMDB, and damned if it isn't him.   Joel Kinnaman's real name is Charles Joel Nordström.  He's a real fucking Swede.

We're everywhere. :showoff:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Why would one ever leave Sweden?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?